Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Free Blu Ray Movies with purchase of a Panasonic BD-35

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Free Blu Ray Movies with purchase of a Panasonic BD-35

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Free Blu Ray Movies with purchase of a Panasonic BD-35

Why do I get the feeling that "The Disney-Panasonic Rebate Group" is actually a single guy working out of his garage?
Old 08-11-09, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
Why do I get the feeling that "The Disney-Panasonic Rebate Group" is actually a single guy working out of his garage?
It's a gal......"Heidi".
Old 08-11-09, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I just got the same e-mail others have received:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding your form submission for the Panasonic Sleeping Beauty Promotion and please accept our apology for the delayed response. We have looked in our system and do not show that we have processed your forms.......blah, blah, blah.....
What a bunch of effing morons.....do not show that we have processed your forms.....no shit, Sherlock?
Old 08-12-09, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems to be the same e-mail they're sending everybody. Though they are actually paying attention to the e-mails, as I mentioned that I sent mine in January and they made note of that in the e-mail.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your form submission for the Panasonic
Sleeping Beauty Promotion and please accept our apology for the delayed
response. We have looked in our system and do not show that we have received or
processed your forms.

You mentioned that you sent the forms to us in January and given that as of
today we haven't received them, we would assume that your forms did not reach
us. We are willing to work with you to honor the promotion and in order to do
so we request that you send copies of your sales receipt, UPC, and rebate form.
These forms may either be scanned and sent via email as an attachment, or they
can be sent to:

Panasonic Sleeping Beauty Promotion

Attn: Rebate Supervisor

PO Box 190

Neenah, WI 54957-0190

Thank-you for your patience and if you have any further questions regarding this
email, please contact us at [email protected]
<[email protected]>

Regards,

The Disney-Panasonic Rebate Group
No mention of Heidi, though.

I'm going to see if I can find my paperwork then see what they say.
Old 08-12-09, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
No mention of Heidi, though.

I'm going to see if I can find my paperwork then see what they say.
Post #45 showed:
Panasonic Sleeping Beauty Promotion
Attn: Heidi
PO Box 190
Neenah, WI 54957-0190
It seems "Heidi" has now become "Rebate Supervisor"
Old 08-12-09, 01:35 PM

I found a copy of my receipt that I had made but couldn't find a copy of my UPC or rebate form . However, I did notice another UPC on the box, so I scanned it. I wrote them back and attached the scan of my receipt and the UPC. I told them that I have misplaced the copy of the rebate form since I moved. I also said that I would gladly fill out another rebate form, scan it and return it to them if they could send me one. After all, my information needs to be changed, anyway. I also told them that since there are many people getting similar e-mails that I highly doubt they all got lost in the mail. Let's see what they say.

If anyone has a copy of the pdf, would you mind posting it or getting it to me somehow? The original site is down and I can't find a link anywhere else.
Old 08-12-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dare I say it...

SUCCESS!

Thank you for your response.

We have placed an order for you, but please know that we are currently awaiting a shipment of the Blu-ray titles included in the promotion and anticipate their arrival by Monday, August 17th. All orders will be placed by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 18th. Once your order is ready for shipment, I will email you with a tracking number so you may track your package. If for any reason your order will not be ready for shipment on Tuesday, I will email you with an update.

I am so sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced with this promotion. Thank you so much for your patience and if you have any further questions regarding this email, please contact me at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> .

Regards,

Heidi

And it only took 9 months. Wow.
Old 08-12-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dare I say it...

SUCCESS!

What did you do? Resend your package?
Old 08-12-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Congrats.

I give you credit for staying with it. I wrote the one e-mail and wasn't going to bother with it anymore after that but was still surprised and thankful when they showed up.

By the way, the latest firmware is 2.0 for those unaware - http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...5/bd35_na.html
Old 08-12-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
What did you do? Resend your package?
Scanned another UPC on the box, scanned a copy of the receipt, and filled in a saved .pdf of the submission form. Emailed them last night, and had a response by noon today.

There was no way in hell I was going to let them off the hook and renege on a $50 commitment. Not gonna happen.

BTW, obidawsn, I still have that .pdf if you need it. Just PM me with your email address, and I'll be happy to send it to you.
Old 08-13-09, 04:45 AM

BTW, obidawsn, I still have that .pdf if you need it. Just PM me with your email address, and I'll be happy to send it to you.
Thanks, but I ended up finding a copy online. Here's the link if anyone needs it:

http://www.hhgregg.com/pdfs/rebates/1712.pdf

It's on HH Gregg's website, but I believe it's the same rebate. I purchased mine from HH Gregg so I'm not worried about it. However, I've already sent an e-mail to them with my receipt and UPC. I'm wondering if I should send another e-mail with a copy of this rebate form. I may just see if I get an e-mail back from them today, and if not, then I'll go ahead and send another e-mail.

We have placed an order for you, but please know that we are currently awaiting a shipment of the Blu-ray titles included in the promotion and anticipate their arrival by Monday, August 17th. All orders will be placed by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 18th.
If that's the case, then I hope I can get my paperwork taken care of before then. Congratulations on getting it to go through. I don't know why they have some people's paperwork and not others.

Last edited by obidawsn; 08-13-09 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-13-09, 12:19 PM

Looks like it might be a success for me, too...

We have placed an order for you, but please know that we are currently awaiting a shipment of the Blu-ray titles included in the promotion and anticipate their arrival by Monday, August 17th. All orders will be placed by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 18th. Once your order is ready for shipment, We will email you with a tracking number so you may track your package. If for any reason your order will not be ready for shipment on Tuesday, we will email you with an update.
The paragraph before that mentioned that they couldn't find any of my information. I realized I had e-mailed them using a different e-mail address than I originally used, so I was asking about that. They said that they couldn't find any information using my name or any of my addresses. But it looks like they're finally sending the discs. I just e-mailed them a scan of the copy of the receipt that I had made and a scan of the 2nd UPC on the box. So, I'll give it until next week to see if they actually ship them.
Old 08-19-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just received notice of shipment. Never thought I'd live to see it happen.
Old 08-20-09, 08:21 AM

We are writing to confirm that your movies have been shipped.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this promotion
and thank you for your patience. If you have any further questions regarding
this email, please contact us at [email protected]
<[email protected]> .
Yay! Finally!

BTW, I feel stupid now. I posted this as soon as I got the e-mail, but ended up clicking on the wrong topic. I just realized it
Old 08-21-09, 09:07 PM

Received mine today. After all these months, this thing is finally over for me. Maybe, now, I can consider throwing away my box. I'm glad I kept it this long, though. My wife came close to throwing it away once, then using it to box up some clothes we were donating. I rescued it both times. I'm glad I did, so I could use the extra UPC on it. Whew!
Old 08-22-09, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 08-23-09, 07:58 AM

Still nothing here (sent my rebate in the week after Christmas). I guess I'll email them tomorrow.
Old 08-24-09, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by scc15
Still nothing here (sent my rebate in the week after Christmas). I guess I'll email them tomorrow.
Yeah, it seems that's what you have to do. It seems they must have thrown out everyone's rebate information, as they can't seem to find anyone's. So e-mailing them gets their attention. It's almost like they decided not to fulfill the rebate, threw everyone's request out, but decided that if people contacted them to complain that they would just retake their information and send it. So hopefully you have a copy of all your stuff.
Old 08-24-09, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sent in my photocopies today by e-mail. Got the standard response within 5 minutes:
Thank you for your response. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding this promotion.

We have placed an order for you today. Once your order ships, please allow up to 7-10 business days for delivery.

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced and thank you for your patience. If you have any further questions regarding this email, please contact us at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> .

Regards,

Old 08-29-09, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, that wasn't so hard. Mine arrived today. Unbelievable.

Thanks to Fielding Mellish and others who stayed with this to the end!
Old 08-29-09, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Sent in my photocopies today by e-mail. Got the standard response within 5 minutes:
Thank you for your response. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding this promotion.

We have placed an order for you today. Once your order ships, please allow up to 7-10 business days for delivery.

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced and thank you for your patience. If you have any further questions regarding this email, please contact us at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> .

Regards,

Got this same email on the 24th. Now let's see when they arrive for me.
Old 01-12-10, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to say congrats to those of you who did, finally, successfully get your Blu-rays. As for me, despite contacting Panasonic and being told they want to make good and to resend (which I did) and finally as a last ditch effort even contacting Disney last September and being told I waited too long, I never got my discs. I really, really tried to get what was promised. This has truly been a frustrating experience. However, I am happy to say that I bought my player at Costco and returned it last night, thus bringing this to an end. I won't say that I will never buy anything Panasonic again, but I will certainly consider other brands first and ignore any rebate offers in my final choice.