Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Wall-E 11/18!

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Wall-E 11/18!

Old 11-21-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have a link to the 3 disc version on deepdiscount, i cont figure out which of the 2 over there is the 3 discer.
What a horrible experiance I've had ordering this from DeepDiscount. It couldn't be more confusing to order the 3 disc on their site. I ended up ordering the incorrect one (2-disc, called them emmediatly and they said they couldn't cancel it, keep in mind it hadn't shipped yet. Also, the version i got (2 disc) says it contains a digital copy.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=50320180

go to special features and scroll down to see it says "Disney file digital copy"

I won't be ordering from them again
Old 11-21-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PalmerJoss
I'm not sure if it's just because Target didn't order much Wall-E on blu, but it seems to be sold out at every one of them. WalMart and Best Buy had the 2-disc, but I keep hoping that someone will get some of the 3-disc restocked so I can pick it up.
Wife picked up the 3-disc from Wal-Mart yesterday.
Old 11-21-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by firteen88
What a horrible experiance I've had ordering this from DeepDiscount. It couldn't be more confusing to order the 3 disc on their site. I ended up ordering the incorrect one (2-disc, called them emmediatly and they said they couldn't cancel it, keep in mind it hadn't shipped yet. Also, the version i got (2 disc) says it contains a digital copy.

http://scripts.affiliatefuture.com/A...uctId=50320180

go to special features and scroll down to see it says "Disney file digital copy"

I won't be ordering from them again
I just went to the page for BD, and they have both of them right there. It seems to me that all you have to do is look for the one that says "why pay $40.95?" The one you linked to says "why pay $35.95?" Remember, the one with the DC has an MSRP of $5 more.

I am guessing that originally they were going to include the DC in all of them like they did for The Nightmare Before Christmas, and DD didn't update all of their info.
Old 11-21-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Can't you just return it after you get it?
Old 11-21-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just picked up the 3-disc from Newbury Comics for $35.99. No other stores in my area had it, so it was worth paying the extra few bucks.
Old 11-21-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I'm gonna return it when I get it. Shipping status says it should be delivered on 12/1!! I shoulda just bought it at a damn store for a little more
Old 11-24-08, 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=fumanstan;9064068]I thought Kung Fu Panda was far more funny, although Wall-E was more sweet and touching. Both are great to me.

Both are great indeed. I would say Kung Fu Panda is more like what we call a popcorn movie (which are very entertaining) and Wall-E is like an Oscar caliber movie.
Old 11-26-08, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My copy of Wall-E 3-disc BD from Amazon has two copies of disc 1 with no disc 2. I haven't seen anyone else with the same complaint. Thought I would throw this out there so anybody putting off watching the film might be encouraged to check their copy.

Last edited by Subgeniusguy; 11-26-08 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-26-08, 07:31 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
I checked my 3 disc set I got from Amazon, and all's well. No repeat discs for me. Hopefully it should be easy for you to get the second disc replaced. Disney has a pretty good program setup for replacements.
Old 11-26-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I checked my 3 disc set I got from Amazon, and all's well. No repeat discs for me. Hopefully it should be easy for you to get the second disc replaced. Disney has a pretty good program setup for replacements.
I've already requested a replacement from Amazon. That's one reason I'm glad I ordered from them. They are good about accepting returns. My replacement is estimated to be here Dec 4. The kids watdhed the film last night so they probably won't be interested in seeing it again for a while. Popped in what I expected to be Disc 2 this AM to check out the extras and discovered it was Disc 1. Both discs are labelled Disc 1 as well. I just never bothered to look at the labelling on the discs. I have at least 2000 DVD and HD discs and this has never happened to me before. I'm glad yours is OK and hope this is not widespread.
Old 12-07-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone had any playback issues with the movie? I just watched it on my Sony BDP-S300 that has the latest firmware and it froze up on me twice. I had to turn off the machine and restart the movie where it froze.
Old 12-07-08, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
Anyone had any playback issues with the movie? I just watched it on my Sony BDP-S300 that has the latest firmware and it froze up on me twice. I had to turn off the machine and restart the movie where it froze.
Not a single issue on my S550 or LG 200.
Old 12-08-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
Nothing on my PS3
Old 12-08-08, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Didn't have a problem watching it on my Samsung P1500.
Old 12-08-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, looks like I'm not the only one having problems with Wall-E and the S300.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=1342373
Old 12-23-08, 01:27 PM
Cool New Member

Sorry for the bump, but I'm just getting around to viewing my copy.

Anyway, am I the only person annoyed by the fact that you can't listen to the commentary by changing audio tracks? I really hate having to go back to the menu, as I sometimes like to switch between commentary tracks and the actual movie soundtrack (especially on repeat viewings). I really would have preferred an approach similar to Sleeping Beauty, where you could listen to the audio commentary by switching tracks, and then go to the menu if you wanted the actual "CineExplore" experience.