DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Definitive List of Blu-ray with "SteelBook" cases. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/532629-definitive-list-blu-ray-steelbook-cases.html)

howwon 08-17-08 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by uglyjay (Post 8880696)
Are you sure The Shawshank Redemption Steelbokk is HD DVD?
I don't get that impression from the translation.

Die Verurteilten - Limited Steelbook Edition (mit neuer HD-Bildabtastung und Booklet, 2 DVDs)

Gizmo 08-17-08 12:21 PM

Very cool. Any confirmation on Shawshank? Seems that one would be a big import title as it was announced back in 2006!

howwon 08-17-08 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8880706)
Very cool. Any confirmation on Shawshank? Seems that one would be a big import title as it was announced back in 2006!

I believe that the Shawshank Redemption HD SteelBook is readily available from Amazon.de. I will order it with my next batch of SteelBooks from them as shipping charges are more acceptable when placing large orders with them.

I will post on the site that I sent you, when I have it.

On a slightly OT, I was able to get a new and sealed SteelBook copy of Flash Gordon from a UK seller. This SteelBook has long been OOP and hard to find. Woohoo. :rock:

Gizmo 08-17-08 12:39 PM

PM me if you plan on getting Shawshank...I might be interested in going in with you. I am planning on getting Sweent Todd BD right now from Amazon.Co.Uk

howwon 08-17-08 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morphine1680 (Post 8820380)
There are 2 more steelbook blurays from Amazon.de:
Room 1408
Rambo Trilogy

Can you post a link to the Rambo Trilogy Blu-ray SteelBook? I am not aware of this release.

howwon 08-17-08 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8880723)
PM me if you plan on getting Shawshank...I might be interested in going in with you. I am planning on getting Sweent Todd BD right now from Amazon.Co.Uk

I do not know when I will place my next order but I will try to remember.

While I have had great success with both Amazon.co.uk and HMV.co.uk, I prefer the shipping rates with Amazon.co.uk. They charge a flat rate + pieces and ship in a heavy cardboard mailer. HMV charges you £4.50 per DVD and use an OK cardboard mailer. The prices are sometimes cheaper with Amazon.co.uk.

Compare the prices with the Cinema Reserve SteelBooks from both sites and you will see what I mean.

Gizmo 08-17-08 12:58 PM

I just ordered the Sweeny steelbook for about $39 shipped. Not bad considering the American version will be $28 from Amazon when its released in October.

howwon 08-17-08 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8880743)
I just ordered the Sweeny steelbook for about $39 shipped. Not bad considering the American version will be $28 from Amazon when its released in October.

It's always nice to have an advance copy before it is released in other Countries.

BTW, I left you a welcome message on the other site. :toast:

uglyjay 08-17-08 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by howwon (Post 8880705)
Die Verurteilten - Limited Steelbook Edition (mit neuer HD-Bildabtastung und Booklet, 2 DVDs)

That is not quite the same translation I get.
Also I don't see any HD DVD labeling on the dvd.
It is on the others.
I have the other two and would love to get this if it is an HD DVD.
Does anyone have it or know for certain that it is an Hd DVD?
Thanks

howwon 08-17-08 07:55 PM

I have received photographic evidence that Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (Absolute Edition) from Japan is NOT a Blu-ray SteelBook.

Overpar 08-19-08 03:56 PM

Upcoming Sex and the City Blu-ray from Germany is an Amazon.de exclusive Steelbook.

http://www.amazon.de/Sex-City-exklus...79222&sr=1-113

Overpar 08-19-08 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by howwon (Post 8881326)
I have received photographic evidence that Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (Absolute Edition) from Japan is NOT a Blu-ray SteelBook.

Are you sure about that?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Untitled-1.png

Looks very Steelbooky to me. :)

howwon 08-19-08 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Overpar (Post 8884974)
Are you sure about that?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Untitled-1.png

Looks very Steelbooky to me. :)

Post a picture of the spine and the SteelBook logo on the holder. Than we'll talk. I stand by my statement until proven wrong.

Josh Z 08-19-08 04:23 PM

So what's the final verdict on the Sarah Connor Chronicles in Canada? Is there a Blu-ray Steelbook, or just DVD?

howwon 08-19-08 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z (Post 8885001)
So what's the final verdict on the Sarah Connor Chronicles in Canada? Is there a Blu-ray Steelbook, or just DVD?

I did not see any Blu-ray SteelBooks at Future Shop, when I went there at lunch time.

carnage6 08-19-08 06:31 PM

Yup, according to Futureshop's website only the regular DVD of Terminator: TSCC is steel book. :(

PG

howwon 08-19-08 08:44 PM

Overpar, I am still waiting for you to post pictures of the spine and the SteelBook logo, of the Blu-ray movie Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (Absolute Edition).

You have already posted a picture of the front and rear cover art. It should be no problem to post a picture of the spine and SteelBook logo as well.

I am sure other people on this board, are interested as well.

Overpar 08-20-08 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by howwon (Post 8885446)
Overpar, I am still waiting for you to post pictures of the spine and the SteelBook logo, of the Blu-ray movie Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (Absolute Edition).

You have already posted a picture of the front and rear cover art. It should be no problem to post a picture of the spine and SteelBook logo as well.

I am sure other people on this board, are interested as well.

That's nice. I found these scans on someone else's page. I thought that it looked like a Steelbook. I thought you said you had photographic evidence that it was NOT a Steelbook. So, where is it? I never claimed it was a Steelbook, but from what I have seen, it sure looks like one. Don't get your panties in a bunch!

howwon 08-20-08 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Overpar (Post 8885963)
That's nice. I found these scans on someone else's page. I thought that it looked like a Steelbook. I thought you said you had photographic evidence that it was NOT a Steelbook. So, where is it? I never claimed it was a Steelbook, but from what I have seen, it sure looks like one. Don't get your panties in a bunch!

It is considered bad form to lift someone else's photos, without their permission or at least giving them proper credit.

Overpar 08-20-08 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by howwon (Post 8886043)
It is considered bad form to lift someone else's photos, without their permission or at least giving them proper credit.

:wtf:
Thank you, Miss Manners. I never heard of this "bad form" considering people post photo's of cover art from all over the web. If someone posted photo's from me I wouldn't care. I won't entertain anymore of your idiocy so as not to clog up this thread.

By the way, thanks for the photo of the spine.