Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

My blu-ray story at CC

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

My blu-ray story at CC

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My blu-ray story at CC

This may be borderline to be put in the store forum because of B2G1, but hopefully this will stay in the HD forum where it will reach more blu-ray nuts. And this is more of a story if anything. Just got a great deal there.

I went to CC today well aware of their B2G1 sale but i wasn't getting my hopes up high becaue of their lack of service in the past. There were two things that i hoped to happen in order for me to buy. One was they match their online price and two,well...have the titles i wanted. So i venture in. First thing i did was go right up to the customer service desk and ask if they will match their online price. First woman maybe early 20's looked at me like a deer in headlights.(sigh) So i asked the lady next to her. She said yes. (phew)

I then strolled down to their limited selections of blu-rays. My heart dropped when i soon realized it was only good for selected titles. Not only was there only one title on the list i wanted (Die Hard) but even many others were not even available. I then went back to the desk, and just asked to speak to a manager. I explained that i really love to buy more blu-rays and take advantage of the sale however many of the titles on your selected list were not even there, however would it be possible if i could pick a couple others. He said no problem. Real nice guy.

So i ended up with
Die Hard $23.09 (weird)
MI:2 $19.99
Disturbia $19.99

Total: $43.07

Final cost:$45.22

Basically $15 each and that's after taxes. So if you anyone decides to go to CC and take advantage of the sale, make sure they price match their online site and ask if you can go outside their selected list if there isn't any you like. I'm sure it depends on locations and managers.

Last edited by Rainet; 05-26-08 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-26-08, 12:52 PM
Banned

I tried to get them to include other titles, so I could buy a few movies for a friend's new collection, but was denied.
Old 05-26-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
It is a shame that CC will never seem to learn how to display disc media. I refuse to flip through stacks of unrelated titles simply because they are unable to grasp the concept of "spines out".

No wonder they are nearly out of business
Old 05-28-08, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
It is a shame that CC will never seem to learn how to display disc media. I refuse to flip through stacks of unrelated titles simply because they are unable to grasp the concept of "spines out".

No wonder they are nearly out of business
Well poor customer service does them no good, but I'd also chalk the initiation of their demise to the whole DivX debacle.

That being said, the OP's luck is hardly going to be more than a rarity of the YMMV variety. Rarely have I encounter customer service to have more than the "deer in headlights" response to anything other than what the cash register automatically rings up. I'm certainly not making a special trip to a Circuit City just for the faint hope of obtaining those prices for any Blu-ray title.
Old 05-28-08, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well poor customer service does them no good, but I'd also chalk the initiation of their demise to the whole DivX debacle.

That being said, the OP's luck is hardly going to be more than a rarity of the YMMV variety. Rarely have I encounter customer service to have more than the "deer in headlights" response to anything other than what the cash register automatically rings up. I'm certainly not making a special trip to a Circuit City just for the faint hope of obtaining those prices for any Blu-ray title.
Unfortunately i have to agree with you there. I got lucky. No doubt about it. And if i knew in advance what was on the list for the deal, i probably wouldn't have set a foot in the door. However i do have a love/hate relationship with CC. Their service for the most part is atrocious however if they went out of business, I have to ask myself do i really want BB to monopolize the area with the only real electronic store around? Would we be better off? I honestly don't want to find out.