HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The HD/BD Good Trader list

Old 04-03-08, 02:23 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,420
The HD/BD Good Trader list

With all the trading here of late, I think it's a good idea to have a place where we can say who came through and who didn't - or god forbid, ripped you off. I've noticed a few "deal fell through" posts of late, and think it would be a good idea to have a list separate from the regular one in exchange - since that list hasn't been updated in a long while. I will still include status from the main exchange forum for info, but want to tally HD exchanges here on top of that. I'll start it off with the awesome Kahuna, who was kind enough to get some dvds boxed and on their way before I could send the payment! Please post in this thread and i'll add the tallies....i'll take input on whether to keep a separate list for trades/sales/buys - I think that might be even better. I'll let y'all decide. I'll also include my first deal with insanecollector...he seemed happy enough to get my money


Good Traders/Sellers/Buyers - colored names indicate Gold Traders from Exchange Forum (orange is easier to see than the yellow)

brizz
+1
Insanecollector +1
Kahuna +1


BAD traders/sellers/buyers - BEWARE

Last edited by HistoryProf; 04-03-08 at 02:30 AM.
HistoryProf is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 03:17 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
speedyray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Kingston, TN
Posts: 2,309
Isn't the gold trader list in the trade forum good enough. You mean I have to get on a different list now to trade HD and BD titles?
speedyray is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 04:02 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,420
you don't HAVE to do anything...but mao had abandoned that for quite awhile so I don't know how up to date it is...

Regardless, I just thought it would be EASY to have a short list here given the increase in traffic in the sale/trade thread here - which may be some people who didn't previously do so through the exchange forum. If you or most don't want to do it's fine with me...I just thought it would make for a good easy reference since you would already be in this forum. rather than searching in five different thread lists over there.
HistoryProf is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 06:47 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 56,832
Originally Posted by brizz
rather than searching in five different thread lists over there.
They're in alphabetical order. i.e. you only have to search one thread.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 09:03 AM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by brizz
you don't HAVE to do anything...but mao had abandoned that for quite awhile so I don't know how up to date it is...
Actually Mao IS up to date and has NOT abandoned the GTL. He updates it every weekend, usually on Sunday. Not only that but he responds fairly promptly to questions regarding trades. I think having them listed in the exchange section is perfectly adequate. This just seems redundant to me. Also the reason the list has 5 different sections is to make it easier for us to find people; Gold Traders, Bad Traders and three Good Traders lists done alphabetically. And Mao I just want to say THANK YOU for your continued faithfulness in maintaining the GTL. I find if very useful.

Last edited by m0vi3fan; 04-03-08 at 09:09 AM.
m0vi3fan is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 05:43 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Southcakalaki
Posts: 1,010
Originally Posted by m0vi3fan
Actually Mao IS up to date and has NOT abandoned the GTL. He updates it every weekend, usually on Sunday. Not only that but he responds fairly promptly to questions regarding trades. I think having them listed in the exchange section is perfectly adequate. This just seems redundant to me. Also the reason the list has 5 different sections is to make it easier for us to find people; Gold Traders, Bad Traders and three Good Traders lists done alphabetically. And Mao I just want to say THANK YOU for your continued faithfulness in maintaining the GTL. I find if very useful.
Second that! Mao does a awesome job!
Dutin is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 11:20 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,420
well i certainly wasn't attempting to step on any toes...i just recalled the last time i made a trade a few months ago the thread was locked and hadn't been touched in months.

so nevermind. sorry for offending y'all's delicate sensibilities.
HistoryProf is offline  
Old 04-04-08, 09:08 AM
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by brizz
i just recalled the last time i made a trade a few months ago the thread was locked and hadn't been touched in months.
It was locked because Mao had to create a new Good Trader thread because the other one either maxed out or almost maxed out. And not being touched in months, never happened. I don't understand why you are finding it necessary to make up such things. If you have something personal against Mao then maybe you should send him an email instead of making untrue statements that belittle his efforts for taking on and maintaining such an extensive list.
m0vi3fan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.