HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

T3 Blu-Ray Issues?

Old 04-01-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

T3 Blu-Ray Issues?

I searched for a thread, but couldn't figure out how to search it properly so that it would come up.

I was just wondering if someone could summarize what was wrong with the T3 Blu-Ray, and whether or not it was fixed. Thanks.
Old 04-01-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I searched for a thread, but couldn't figure out how to search it properly so that it would come up.

I was just wondering if someone could summarize what was wrong with the T3 Blu-Ray, and whether or not it was fixed. Thanks.
The movie was encoded in 1080i. There are 2 ways to get the corrected version. If you bought the old version, you can call WB and get a replacement. Amazon.com offers up the replacement version as well. It is a different sku. I bought the corrected version from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-3-R...7069943&sr=1-1

It appears Amazon is only stocking the new version, which is good. I'm sure it'll trickle into Best Buy eventually.
Old 04-01-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks. Also, I couldn't find a review that specified, but I wanted to make sure before ditching my SD-DVD: The Blu-Ray contains all the regular extras, plus semi-PiP commentary, right?
Old 04-03-08, 10:40 PM

How the F__K does that happen anyway? I can't wait for the day they actually encode a Blu-Ray movie with 480p by mistake. Good grief.
Old 04-05-08, 02:46 PM

Mr. Cinema- Are you sure that Amazon listing is for the corrected version? I can't see any indication it is the corrected one.

PG
Old 04-05-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by carnage6
Mr. Cinema- Are you sure that Amazon listing is for the corrected version? I can't see any indication it is the corrected one.

PG
Mr Cinema does have the right listing.

Look in this thread from the AVS forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=958804&page=6
Old 04-05-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by carnage6

PG
That is the correct listing. I ordered using that same link, it is the corrected one. New UPC code.