Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Twister going to be the last HD DVD release?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-08, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are getting to be fewer and fewer HD DVD pre-orders so I got to thinking when would HD DVD officially stop releasing titles. It appears only WB is sticking to the HD DVD customer which is funny since they basically hammered the death nail on the format.

It appears Twister will be released, at least it is still available for pre-order, and that is May 27. It is actually quite a while after any other release and might be the only May release. I am actually looking at getting it since its price is lower than the comparable BD.

So basically, just wondering if I missed anything.
Old 03-14-08, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Paramount, Universal, Image and most other minor labels are going be done this month, May 27th should be the last releases for HD DVD.

For now Twister and PS, I Love You look to be the last titles. (Assuming WB doesn't pull the plug.)

fitprod
Old 03-14-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fitprod
For now Twister and PS, I Love You look to be the last titles. (Assuming WB doesn't pull the plug.)
Wouldn't surprise me if they did though. I mean it really makes little sense to stock the shelves with a product that has such limited demand. If they are released, dollars to donuts says they'll never see a B&M shelf as space for HD-DVDs will have long been swept out of retail stores by May.
Old 03-14-08, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Last major title...yes. Funny, Twister was one of the first on DVD.