HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

HD A30 Remote Question

Old 03-06-08, 03:13 PM

HD A30 Remote Question

I just picked up an open box A30 at Best Buy for $99. Only thing is that it doesn't have a remote. Is there anyway to get a new remote from Toshiba? Or will programming my harmony remote be enough in terms of accessing features and navigation?
Old 03-06-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I understand the Harmony databases are pretty comprehensive so it will probably have every command of the original remote and then some, like discrete power on/off.
Old 03-08-08, 09:47 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Scotts35
I just picked up an open box A30 at Best Buy for $99. Only thing is that it doesn't have a remote. Is there anyway to get a new remote from Toshiba? Or will programming my harmony remote be enough in terms of accessing features and navigation?
I also purchased a display model HD-A30 at best buy without a remote for $55. I already had an HD-A3, and found that the remote works for both which gave me a great deal on the upgrade to the 1080p format with that model (since I just upgraded to an 1080p LCD :-)

Therefore, if you find out if Toshiba will provide a free remote, please post the information and number to call.

Otherwise, if you could use a backup HD player such as the lower priced A3 model, you can use that remote for the A30 :-)

**** UPDATE : Just found out that you will have to purchase the remote through toshiba, but they didn't seem to have the remote to purchase. I just went back to Best Buy to have them check for the remote (as Toshiba send that Best Buy should have the remote for the open item unless someone returned it without). Turns out that Best Buy had a remote and therefore was able to provide one. Therefore, go back to where you got the open box HD-A30 player and have them check around for one. They should have it somewhere.

Last edited by bcweaver; 03-10-08 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Update information