Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

'Lawrence of Arabia' HD premier Feb 10 - HDNet Movies

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

'Lawrence of Arabia' HD premier Feb 10 - HDNet Movies

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 08:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Everything on HDnet is in HD, including the commercials. They're not one of the "HD-lite" channels like StarzHD that only shows some of their stuff in HD.

I just saw the Sixteen Candles broadcast. Looked OK, but was riddled with debris.

Unfortunately for some reason HDnet simply doesn't get any movies from Fox or Disney. I'll I ever see on their are Sony, WB, Universal, older MGM and Paramount stuff, along with smaller studio stuff.
I actually shot them an email awhile back about Fox titles, and what I got in response was that they would love to have Fox titles, but it's Fox relunctance to provide and let HDNet Movies showcase their films for some reason or the other.
Old 02-18-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by gumpaholic
Sixteen Candles wasn't perfect nut it did look alot better than the remastered DVD that came out last year. Also I saw that tomorrow they are showing Hildago (which is Touchtone/Disney) so it may just depend on the movie I guess. Thanks for letting me know about the HD channels. It's good info to know.
I forgot they're showing Hidalgo. That's a rare Touchstone for them. I'd love for there to be more.
Old 02-18-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
I actually shot them an email awhile back about Fox titles, and what I got in response was that they would love to have Fox titles, but it's Fox relunctance to provide and let HDNet Movies showcase their films for some reason or the other.
I wonder if Fox has some kind of exclusive deal with HBO, as that's the only channel I ever see Fox HD stuff on, and more often than not, the ~2.35:1 stuff is cropped.

It was a miracle all 6 Star Wars movies were shown OAR in HD. I'm hanging onto to those HD recordings like grim death, although they have some bad blocking in spots due to bandwidth.
Old 02-18-08, 03:43 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I wonder if Fox has some kind of exclusive deal with HBO, as that's the only channel I ever see Fox HD stuff on, and more often than not, the ~2.35:1 stuff is cropped.

It was a miracle all 6 Star Wars movies were shown OAR in HD. I'm hanging onto to those HD recordings like grim death, although they have some bad blocking in spots due to bandwidth.
I actually saw Alien Resurrection on UniversalHD a while back at my parents and I think it was OAR (I could be wrong though as I don't remember).