HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Question about PS3 UPC code.

Old 01-31-08, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Question about PS3 UPC code.

where exactly do i find the UPC code on my new PS3? there is a bar code (P.O.S.) on top, which is next to a sticker that has the serial number on it. there is also another bar code on the inside flap. i am confused as to which one goes with the 5 free offer.
Old 01-31-08, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A UPC symbol is a bar code. Cut it off the top flap of the box by the handle.
Old 01-31-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PS - I wonder if so many people are having problems with their Blu-ray rebate because they didn't include extra postage. The guy at the post office weighed my envelope and said extra postage would be required due to the weight of the cardboard from the UPC. Just a thought.
Old 01-31-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
PS - I wonder if so many people are having problems with their Blu-ray rebate because they didn't include extra postage. The guy at the post office weighed my envelope and said extra postage would be required due to the weight of the cardboard from the UPC. Just a thought.
When I took mine in (for both my HD-DVD and Blu-Ray), it wasn't the weight. It was the thickness of the envelope. They have a thing they test it on. Neither would fit through a normal sized mail slot, so they would've come back. I paid extra postage just to make sure it got there ok.
Old 01-31-08, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
No problems with my BD or HD rebate. One thing you can do is just take out the cardboard and just leave the top layer of it.