Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Phaser Remote Offer

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 03:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey all, quick question, bought the Star Trek HD set recently and saw that they were offering a Phaser Remote Control. However, it says on the insert that the HD DVD set AND the HD DVD player must be on the same receipt. So since I already have the player, does that mean I can't get the phaser?
Old 12-04-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...e/2307183.html
Set Phasers to Pause, Fast Forward, Skip Chapters

It may not be the home version of the transporter just yet, but it's a start. Toshiba and CBS Home Entertainment are joining forces to promote the November 20 release of the first season of Star Trek Remastered on HD DVD/DVD with an exclusive phaser remote. Complete with sound effects (which you can turn off!) you can now stun your family and friends every time you pause or fast forward your new HD DVDs!

This promotion runs from the November release date to February 29, 2008, and it requires participants to purchase both the HD DVD set and the Toshiba player within that time frame. (If you need a reminder about the HD DVD release, please refer to our previous article that gives you all the lowdown, including price and bonus features.) The form to fill out will be available with the Star Trek HD-DVD Combo boxed set.

Save those receipts! You will be required to provide proof of purchase to participate in the promotion. Note: If you purchase the HD DVDs online, you shouldn't be charged prior to the ship date so you will be eligible for the promotion.

With the new HD DVD technology fans can access interactive capabilities on certain episodes such as picture in picture commentaries, visual effects comparisons in the remastered episodes versus the originals, and an interactive tour of the Enterprise with a detailed exploration of the ship. The upgraded musical score and sound effects will also help immerse fans in the complete HD experience.

The phaser remote control operates Toshiba's HD DVD players. This offer is the only way to get the phaser remote as it is not sold in stores. Available while supplies last.
Old 12-04-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
To get your Phaser Remote Control:
1. Purchase a Toshiba HD DVD player.
2. Purchase the "Star Trek: The Original Series 1st Season" HD DVD/DVD Combo boxed set.
3. In the HD DVD boxed set, locate the form (pictured at left).
4. Fill out the original form (copies not accepted).
5. Mail the completed form with: – Original serial number label from the outside of the Toshiba HD DVD player package
– Original or photocopy of UPC code from the "Star Trek: The Original Series 1st Season" HD DVD/DVD Combo boxed set package
– Photocopy of cash register receipt(s) for the player and boxed set purchased between 11/20/07 and 2/29/08 with the purchase date and price clearly circled
– $7.95 shipping and handling as a check or money order. Make checks payable to: CBS Home Entertainment

6. Mail to:
CBS Home Entertainment
PO Box 2284
South Burlington, VT 05407

Purchases must be made by 2/29/08. Redemption must be postmarked by 3/31/08. Offer good while supplies last.

See the form for complete details.
Step 5 says "receipt(s)", so you don't have to have the set and the player on the same receipt. But to answer your original question, in your case, it looks like you'll need to purchase another HD DVD player between now and 2/29/08. Do you have any Xmas shopping left to do?

Last edited by kenbuzz; 12-10-07 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-10-07, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that sucks. I bought the player 2 1/2 weeks earlier, on 11/4, so I can't get this. . . grr.
Old 12-10-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Two and a half weeks is less than a month. Can you return/rebuy at the same price?
Old 12-10-07, 02:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Just buy an A3, return it, and mail the copy of the receipt in? Would that work? How can someone take advantage of this deal and the 5 free if both require the UPC?
Old 12-10-07, 04:46 PM

I still have this one

Old 12-10-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where's the love for the early adopters?! Great way to show appreciation for the early adopters...not!!! I guess my 10% discount at Amazon will have to be enough, but that remote control looks too cool
Old 12-13-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Will they screw you if your order was placed Nov. 1st for the box set, even though it wasn't shipped until the release date?
Old 12-13-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^
Pre-orders for the boxset will still be accepted.