DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   problem with french hd-dvd of Brotherhood of the Wolf (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/517780-problem-french-hd-dvd-brotherhood-wolf.html)

dyerjp 11-20-07 06:04 AM

problem with french hd-dvd of Brotherhood of the Wolf

to those of you out there that have the french hd-dvd of brotherhood of the wolf, are any of you having problems with dts-ma track on it? i have my a-35 hooked up to a pioneer elite 91 w/ hdmi and when i play the dts-ma track, i keep getting a loud popping and clicking noise.

anybody have this problem or heard of it?

RocShemp 11-20-07 07:34 AM

How do you have your A-35 hooked up to your receiver? Also through HDMI or through optical. Cos I get clicking and popping noises in certain parts of Transformers (mainly towards the end and once during Sam's first appearance) but have read that I get that cos my player is hooked to my receiver via optical.

dyerjp 11-20-07 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
How do you have your A-35 hooked up to your receiver? Also through HDMI or through optical. Cos I get clicking and popping noises in certain parts of Transformers (mainly towards the end and once during Sam's first appearance) but have read that I get that cos my player is hooked to my receiver via optical.

via hdmi, transformers worked good for me. brotherhood of the wolf is the only disc that i am currently having problems with.

Tom Army 11-20-07 06:55 PM

is it always at the same place? is it every 2-3 seconds?

dyerjp 11-20-07 07:57 PM

my noises are constant

gorgo99 11-21-07 06:22 AM

I watched it previously on my 360 add-on before I got the A35, and there were no problems. Since I got the A35, I watched a few scenes so I could experience the DTS-HD-MA (and it's cool!). Didn't notice any popping.

Do you have to play it for long before the popping starts? And have you upgraded your firmware?

dyerjp 11-21-07 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by gorgo99
I watched it previously on my 360 add-on before I got the A35, and there were no problems. Since I got the A35, I watched a few scenes so I could experience the DTS-HD-MA (and it's cool!). Didn't notice any popping.

Do you have to play it for long before the popping starts? And have you upgraded your firmware?

the fimware is upgraded and the noise starts the second that the movie does. do you have the UK disc or the french one? a friend of mine is testing out my french dvd but i haven't heard back from him. maybe it is just a bad disc or something. :(

dyerjp 11-23-07 03:24 PM

well, my friend tried it out and it plays fine on his onkyo. guess it's a problem w/ my receiver.

mike2 11-23-07 07:44 PM

I can't even find this movie on regular dvd let alone hd lol.

dyerjp 11-23-07 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by mike2
I can't even find this movie on regular dvd let alone hd lol.

ordered it from xploitedcinema.com

lordzeppelin 11-23-07 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by dyerjp
ordered it from xploitedcinema.com

Same. You gotta love the packaging mistakes on it...

But to add, I have a Toshiba A2, and I've got no problems with the disc at all. Perhaps it's just a bad disc...or for some reason, your receiver or player doesn't like the particular encoding. Either way, it's weird.

skriefal 11-23-07 11:41 PM

I've encountered similar pops & clicks with the DTS-HD MA soundtracks on the Silent Hill and Underworld imports. The same clicks & pops occurred with both the optical output (downmixed 1.5mbps DTS) and with PCM output over HDMI. I did not encounter this issue with any of my other DTS-HD MA imports (Total Recall, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Terminator 2). Player is a Toshiba HD-A2, and reciever is a Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH.

I've seen a few posts over at AVS Forum that stated that Toshiba had acknowledged these pops & clicks as a firmware bug, but I believe that was in reference to the HD-XA2 (sorry, didn't keep any links). It's possible that the same issue exists in the other Toshiba players' firmware, in which case it'll probably be fixed via a future firmware update.

dyerjp 11-24-07 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by skriefal
It's possible that the same issue exists in the other Toshiba players' firmware, in which case it'll probably be fixed via a future firmware update.

just tried the french hd-dvd of terminator 2. it still plays that horrid noise when i play the dts-ma track on it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dyerjp 11-30-07 03:10 PM

just talked to pioneer about the clicking and popping noise when playing dts-ma on my elite 91 receiver, according to them, the problem is with toshiba and not with my receiver. they claimed to have played all toshiba players on their equipment and got the same popping noise but that it must be toshiba's problem. also, he claimed that the 1.3 firmware should've fixed the problem. well, it didn't with me.