Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox Blu-Ray prices dropping at certain retailers.

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 11-18-07, 11:02 PM

I was browsing through prices for "Live Free or Die Hard" on Blu-Ray this Tuesday, and I noticed on Amazon.com that it went from being 27.99 to 23.95. I also noticed a price drop on Walmart's side, and Circuit City. I then looked up other slated Fox releases, and the same thing occurred with their prices as well. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend for Fox's high-def media. I'm all for it.
Old 11-18-07, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's happened several times, but the MSRP remains the same. I'd rather they just officially change their pricing so we don't have to look for these.

Come to think of it, maybe that's the idea all along: charge more for the regular price, then have deals that bring them in line with other studios' discs. However, people think they're getting such a great deal and snap them up because of the sales, whereas if they always cost that much it would be ho-hum.