Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Vote for your choice

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Vote for your choice

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vote for your choice

CNBC Poll
Vote for your choice HD DVD / Blu Ray / Neither

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21581845
Old 11-04-07, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No.
Old 11-04-07, 05:43 PM
Banned

I vote for Neither even though i just bought an HDDVD player 2 nights ago. Regular DVD is still no. 1 for me.
Old 11-04-07, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where is the choice for both?
Old 11-04-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
No.
Gee, thanks for that.

Anyway, I voted for HD.
Old 11-04-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nothing new here...just my thoughts on the subject:

I want - what I want - when I want it!

...and the quickest 'no brainer' way for me to achieve that goal (with respect to the current HD/1080 situation) was to purchase both systems!

HD/1080 is basically HD/1080 any way you cut it (to these ol' eyes o' mine, anyway), however, I voted for the HD-DVD folks because they appear to be a little more consumer concerned, with low prices being my main voting decision maker.

Price is rarely a limiting factor in the purchasing of a product for me, but the reason I like the lower prices so much with regard to these HD products is because with the lower prices, everyone who wants to can get in on the deal and personally experience the wonderful world of HD! I mean, that's what it's really all about...right?

I'm enjoying both systems, have no serious problems with either, and could easily live with that. But when asked to choose, it's the side that makes it easier for everyone to enjoy High Definition that will ultimately get my vote.

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-05-07 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Because I have many correctional issues.
Old 11-04-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Invalid poll without a "Both" option.
Old 11-05-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the article by Goldman has some questionable claims. It claims KMart will carry only HD-DVD players, which I believe has been refuted by KMart reps. It also uses Paramount's sales figures about Transformers, which were disputed by several magazines. It further mentions some upcoming HD-DVD titles which will give the format a boost--Shrek 3, all five Harry Potter films and The Bourne Ultimatum. Of course, the Harry Potter films will also be on Blu-Ray! Finally, worst of all, he implies that Warner is HD-exclusive, when it's format-neutral!

"...another rough issue for Sony, backing Blu-ray, which still has some key partners in Disney, 20th Century Fox and Lions Gate. HD-DVD enjoys Paramount, Dreamworks and Time Warner."

This seems to be another case of a poorly-informed article about the "format war..."

Is it any wonder consumers are confused?
Old 11-05-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree. The article seemed skewed. Either the author was either uninformed, misinformed, or biased toward HD DVD.