Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Wedding Crashers" on Blu-ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw a Blu-ray commercial last night and they were showing clips of movies, one of which was "Wedding Crashers". Also, at the end of the commercial, there were photos of Blu-ray spread across the bottom of the screen and "Wedding Crashers" was there also. Has anyone heard anything about this title being released?
Old 10-23-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless New Line makes a late announcement, I would expect this one in early '08. So far, the only Blu-ray titles they have scheduled for the remainder of the year are: Hairspray, Rush Hour 3, and Pan's Labyrinth.
Old 10-23-07, 10:36 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Ive never seen this commercial you are talking about. Regardless, it would be on both formats since New Line is neutral.
Old 10-23-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Ive never seen this commercial you are talking about. Regardless, it would be on both formats since New Line is neutral.
He never said that it was Blu-Ray only. He was just asking if it had been released for Blu-Ray.
Old 10-23-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I was watching Discovery HD Theater at the time. Anyway, I would love to see that one come to Blu-ray!
Old 10-24-07, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
He never said that it was Blu-Ray only. He was just asking if it had been released for Blu-Ray.
I'm not saying Wedding Crashers will be Blu Ray only, but the AD was only for Blu Ray. After all it had the likes of Cars, Die Hard, Pirates.. And a few others.
Old 10-24-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Acting Up
I'm not saying Wedding Crashers will be Blu Ray only, but the AD was only for Blu Ray. After all it had the likes of Cars, Die Hard, Pirates.. And a few others.
I never said that you did or even insinuated it. You better go back and read the entire thread. Besides, who are you anyway?
Old 10-24-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
If you see it in an ad, it may very well be coming soon, but there have been quite a few delays in the HD disc world. At least it's in the works for those that are looking forward to it.

Were there any other New Line titles in the ad?
Old 10-25-07, 12:24 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Sorry, I was just letting others know who clicked on this thread that it would not be BR exclusive. Not starting anything, lol.
Old 10-25-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Drexl
If you see it in an ad, it may very well be coming soon, but there have been quite a few delays in the HD disc world. At least it's in the works for those that are looking forward to it.

Were there any other New Line titles in the ad?
I don't remember. That's just the one that stuck out in my mind because I wanted it. The other ones I didn't pay much attention to. If I see it again, I'll make note of the titles.
Old 10-25-07, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Sorry, I was just letting others know who clicked on this thread that it would not be BR exclusive. Not starting anything, lol.
No problem. I probably shouldn't have responded to your post that way.
Old 12-17-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw another commercial last night that listed Wedding Crashers as "coming soon" for Blu-ray!
Old 12-17-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,018 Likes on 841 Posts
I'd take Rachel McAdams in Blu-ray.

I've also seen Blu-ray promos that include Chronicles of Narnia, which would probably come out in time for the next movie.
Old 12-17-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've seen that ad. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see that come out soon on HD-DVD/Blu-ray considering how big of a hit it was.
Old 12-17-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You have to look quick since each movie is only on screen for a second or two, but if you notice as they are showing each clip, in the bottom right corner under the name of the film, it says one of three things:

1. Available on Blu-ray (this is for Superman Returns, a non-exclusive title)
2. Only on Blu-ray (for Pirates, Spider-man, Ratatouille, etc., the exclusive titles)
3. Coming Soon on Blu-ray (for The Simpsons Movie and Wedding Crashers, movies not yet released, though I guess they will have to update it again after tomorrow)

It does seem quite odd that they keep advertising it with Wedding Crashers when there has not been any word yet out of New Line about a possible date/release, hell, this ad has been running for over a month now...it's almost as bad as those Best Buy Blu-ray promos they have in store constantly showing Batman Begins as "coming soon on Blu-ray Disc"....
Old 12-17-07, 07:49 PM

I saw the commercial as well. I'd say it will be released sometime around March.