Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is it "Cooler" to be an HD supporter

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-07, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got onto HD early this summer and have not been too anxious to get a Blueray player. Maybe I am for the underdog but it seems HD has better movies,presentation like 300 and certainly is better priced for hardware and is loved by more true movie fans even on dvdtalk it seems to me. This "war is probally good in long run as it forced prices to come down faster and probally quality too. I don't know..I just feel Hd supporters are fighting the Dark Side(Sony?) or something and this is the way to go. Even the name is better....Hd vs Blue Ray come onnnnnn..
Old 08-28-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The idea that people have attached any emotional thought deciding to purchase or defend HD or BD is about the only downside of the HD progression to me.
Old 08-28-07, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it cooler? I don't know...but I think true movie fans would support both so they could watch all available movies in HD.
Old 08-28-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
It reminds me of Sopranos fans who talk about the deepness of the show, and how you don't have to have a "whacking" to make it good, etc.

So called "purists" are amusing.
Old 08-28-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IamLegend
I got onto HD early this summer and have not been too anxious to get a Blueray player.
Blu-ray is HD too. I assume you mean HD DVD.

is loved by more true movie fans even on dvdtalk it seems to me.
That's the biggest bullshit statement I've read around here in a while. What, exactly, is a "true movie fan"? True movie fans, to me, love movies, not home video formats.

In answer to your original question, anyone whose coolness is based on what home electronics they own "probally" isn't very cool at all.
Old 08-28-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
That's the biggest bullshit statement I've read around here in a while. What, exactly, is a "true movie fan"? True movie fans, to me, love movies, not home video formats.

In answer to your original question, anyone whose coolness is based on what home electronics they own "probally" isn't very cool at all.
You just don't get it, man. We purists know what the score is.

And David Lynch doesn't make crappy movies, they're art. And The Departed was great!