Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Street Date Breakers

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Street Date Breakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Street Date Breakers

I know the feeling we all have when we browse the DVD and High Def display area's in our favorite area shopping locations and we are delighted to find the coming weeks titles let go early!

One employee's mistake makes a handfuls day!!

This could be the place where we all could post!

Please provide for everyone :

Store

Title

MSRP/Sale (new releases have sale prices generally)

As titles are released on Tuesday please edit your selection so that we dont create tons pages and its easily browsed

Thanks!
C. Howard
[email protected]
Old 07-29-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shaun of the Dead HD-DVD

FYE

Charleston Town Center - Charleston, WV

$19.99 on sale

Hot Fuzz - HD-DVD

Circuit City

Corridor G/South Ridge Plaza - Charleston, WV

$39.99
Old 07-29-07, 03:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
My local Blockbuster always has catalog titles out a week before they officially come out. Saw Shaun of the Dead yesterday but passed at the $24.99 price.

This thread will be of little use though.
Old 07-29-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

This thread will be of little use though.
As always so useful to so many threads...
Old 07-29-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'm sure you would rather read about people fighting over who should win the format war on 38 different threads or how other websites are pro certain format.

I'd rather read about something that has relevance to whats factual - and what I can see and hear - rather than speculation or bickering.

I'm looking for the positive things that are coming out of both formats.

And of course, I'm reading further into this than what was stated by, GizmoDVD - But I'd rather keep this from going further into a negative light or getting this thread shut down.
Old 07-29-07, 06:03 PM
Banned

I don't think this thread is a good idea.
Old 07-29-07, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I don't think this thread is a good idea.

I understand that this is your opinion, but can you say something more that that?

Maybe worried about reprecussions of studios on the retailers?
Old 07-29-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by True_Story1011
Yeah, I'm sure you would rather read about people fighting over who should win the format war on 38 different threads or how other websites are pro certain format.

I'd rather read about something that has relevance to whats factual - and what I can see and hear - rather than speculation or bickering.

I'm looking for the positive things that are coming out of both formats.

And of course, I'm reading further into this than what was stated by, GizmoDVD - But I'd rather keep this from going further into a negative light or getting this thread shut down.
All GizmoDVD was saying was that this would be of little use because most of us don't live in the same place. No one is going to go out of state (or even out of the county) to pick up a new disc release early.
Old 07-29-07, 06:34 PM

I don't want to get some minimum wage worker fired because I reported their mistake on this thread! These folks already have difficult lives without me announcing to the world that they opened up a box of DVDs earlier than allowed. I see these types of mistakes all the time, but I never publicize them because I don't want to cause anyone to be fired from their sad jobs because of me.
Old 07-29-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by oldchuckles
I don't want to get some minimum wage worker fired because I reported their mistake on this thread! These folks already have difficult lives without me announcing to the world that they opened up a box of DVDs earlier than allowed. I see these types of mistakes all the time, but I never publicize them because I don't want to cause anyone to be fired from their sad jobs because of me.

Hey big guy - I wasnt trying to get anyone in trouble. Just simply trying to inform others that there are films out there.

0f course not everyone is from the same location but there are people that ARE from the same area as what would be posted - and this information would pertain to them.

Just like other forum postings or wanted lists - if it doesnt pertain to your city or state just ignore.

Last edited by True_Story1011; 07-29-07 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-29-07, 06:54 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
In this particular forum, there are maybe 80-100 active posters. Very few of us live anywhere near each other, and if we do, very few of us will go out and spend an extra $5-$15 to pick up a title a week early (as most street breakers are uncommon places you wouldn't shop for HD media). I don't think I would be out of line to say most of us shop online, mainly Amazon for out HD media.

We've had this type of thread before on in the DVD forum and it was not very helpful. It becomes a mess . If anything, if we have a specific thread talking about a certain movie (Hot Fuzz for example), then I can understand someone posting 'OMG!!! I found it at BLANK in BLANK for $$$'.

Its a good, helpful idea, but I can't see it really helping too many people out.