Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received my shipment yesterday. Mailed the form off in early January. Got all 5 that I requested, including the Director's Cut of Troy. I totally forgot about these and when I got the package I had no idea what it was since I wasn't expecting anything, pleasant surprise. None of the UPC codes were damaged or cut up like people are mentioning above.
Old 03-20-08, 04:49 PM

still waiting sent out both old and new offers out on october 30 ...guess I will call again: /
Old 03-20-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Don't ask about both on the same call.

I got mine earlier this week - send out sometime in December. Nothing too surprising with my shipment. Italian Job, Troy DC, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Thing and Frighteners. As with everyone else, the last two had mutilated UPCs.
Old 03-21-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by danicus007
Received my shipment yesterday. Mailed the form off in early January. Got all 5 that I requested, including the Director's Cut of Troy. I totally forgot about these and when I got the package I had no idea what it was since I wasn't expecting anything, pleasant surprise. None of the UPC codes were damaged or cut up like people are mentioning above.
Good to see January finally getting mailed out. Sent mine off in mid-Jan.
Old 03-21-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Good to hear, I mailed mine out at the end of January
Old 03-21-08, 09:35 AM

My Star Trek Phaser HD-DVD remote came yesterday. It was 1 week and 2 days after I sent the rebate form in. Now I am just waiting for the 5 free HD-DVD's which will take 4 months I bet.
Old 03-21-08, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by rexinnih
Good to see January finally getting mailed out. Sent mine off in mid-Jan.
Same here, mailed in my form in mid-early January, got them yesterday. Also received Troy: DC.
Old 03-21-08, 10:25 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dang it! Wonder if mine got lost? I mailed mine in early dec. and called early feb and the lady said mine would be shipped shortly. Now a month later and still nothing.
Old 03-21-08, 10:30 AM

Mailed mine on 1/2, called in Monday, said it was still processing. I'm hoping soon also.
Old 03-21-08, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got mine a few days ago. Mailed in late Nov.
Old 03-21-08, 02:36 PM

just got my first set. (from nov 2 A2) only got 3 that i marked.
Old 03-21-08, 07:02 PM

A bunch got shipped out this week, I know others got some this week. I got my HD DVDs a few days ago ago and got my Blu-rays today. HDs definately had a better selection, of the 5 BDs I got, 2 I would probably have bought, 2 for sure I'd never have bought, and 1 most likely wouldn't have been bought.
Old 03-24-08, 06:25 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine today. 2 of them had the UPC ripped. Also got Harry Potter Order of Phoenix instead of Charlie & Chocolate Factory.
Old 03-24-08, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks on charlie...i ordered that one too, along with Thing, Italian Job, Darkman, and Frighteners. I honestly had zero interest in any others on the sheet. better get what i asked for!
Old 03-24-08, 07:20 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

The thing that really bugs me with not getting Charlie is that not only do I not like Harry Potter, its not even the first one. They could have at least given me the first one in the series or a not series movie. (Yes, I know I shouldn't be complaining)

I am interested in seeing what you get in place of Charlie.
Old 03-25-08, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Bummer, had Charlie on my order and already have the Potter series on BD. Hope they don't change mine (also hope just to get them...........)
Old 03-25-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It doesn't really matter at this point which UPCs are ripped or not. No store is going to do exchanges without a receipt on a clearance item
Old 03-26-08, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got my 5 DVDs today... mailed them at the end of December. Sadly for me they replaced Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with Harry Potter & Order of the Phoenix which I had already bought for $15. Worse yet, they replaced The Thing (one of my all-time favorite movies) with Pitch Black.

There's nothing wrong with Pitch Black, except I recently sent off another rebate form (to a friend's address) and had picked Pitch Black in that group, so I'll probably get it twice and no The Thing :-(. I'm also worried they won't have Troy DC by the time they get around to mailing mine in July if they continue at their current pace.

Since no stores are going to take back HD-DVDs (even those without damaged UPCs), I guess our only 2 choices are sell them for dirt on Fleabay or I read there was a HD-DVD trading forum on DVD Talk?

Has anyone compiled a current list of which titles are permanently OOS at Toshiba and are being substituted with something else? Are these the only 2 current substitutions:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -> Harry Potter & Order of the Phoenix
The Thing -> Pitch Black

Last edited by Manzana; 03-26-08 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-27-08, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
Got my 5 DVDs today... mailed them at the end of December. Sadly for me they replaced Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with Harry Potter & Order of the Phoenix which I had already bought for $15. Worse yet, they replaced The Thing (one of my all-time favorite movies) with Pitch Black.

There's nothing wrong with Pitch Black, except I recently sent off another rebate form (to a friend's address) and had picked Pitch Black in that group, so I'll probably get it twice and no The Thing :-(.
Ditto. Just got mine a few days ago. I had an order for my Canadian buddy that I bought an A2 for late October/Nov.

Charlie for HP&OtP was the only change.

However, we did get The Thing.

Charlie was one of the two I was gonna keep.

I've got one more order out for my $50 Xbox drive. Not a fan of Pitch Black, wanted The Thing
Old 03-27-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JB7
The thing that really bugs me with not getting Charlie is that not only do I not like Harry Potter, its not even the first one. They could have at least given me the first one in the series or a not series movie. (Yes, I know I shouldn't be complaining)

I am interested in seeing what you get in place of Charlie.
Check your Private Messages
Old 03-27-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I still plan to mail in 1 more offer today as I bought 3 players and have a relative in another state who doesn't mind sending it there. I didn't see any restrictions against purchases in different states.

I assume it would be pointless for me to choose Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and The Thing again because they probably won't get any more of those titles and will substitute them with the same 2 I already got?

I guess that means I need to pick The Hulk for category B and Full Metal Jacket for category C with the hope/assumption that my 2nd offer will contain Pitch Black (again) and Swordfish.
Old 03-27-08, 10:56 AM

just got darkman in place of troy.
anyone want to trade, about anything, for my extra copy of darkman?
Old 03-27-08, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I still plan to mail in 1 more offer today as I bought 3 players and have a relative in another state who doesn't mind sending it there. I didn't see any restrictions against purchases in different states.

I assume it would be pointless for me to choose Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and The Thing again because they probably won't get any more of those titles and will substitute them with the same 2 I already got?

I guess that means I need to pick The Hulk for category B and Full Metal Jacket for category C with the hope/assumption that my 2nd offer will contain Pitch Black (again) and Swordfish.
I think at this point it is only wild guesses what you will be getting in two or three months (no matter what you choose today). Nobody knows what they will have in stock then.
Old 03-27-08, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone that gets The Harry Potter HD DVD and wants the "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" instead, PM me and we can do a swap. I have a minty fresh sealed copy. Gold Trader here on DVD Talk since 1999.
Old 03-27-08, 06:44 PM

Mine showed up on Mar. 21st also. Mailed rebate in mid-November.

The Italian Job, The Thing, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, The Frighteners, Black Rain

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.