Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster backs Blu-Ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Blockbuster backs Blu-Ray

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Blockbuster backing Blu-Ray doesn't bother me one bit. The closest Blockbuster store to me is 30 miles away.
Old 07-30-07, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I joined blockbuster total access

I recently joined blockbuster's total access program specifically for the blu-ray selection. I'm also lucky enough that the blockbuster within walking distance from my home carries all blu-ray releases. Heck they have a full wall and a center rack filled with BDs. The total access isn't bad either. Actually i had Netflix for movies and used Hollywood video for my games and i've since canceled both to get everything at one store.

I get 2 movies mailed to me and when i return them in a store (something i could not do with Netflix) they give me any movie of my choice, bluray of course, and then i get the other movie on my queue mailed to me. So at any given time i have 4 movies and i only pay for 2 based on my plan.

I would certainly recommend the TA programme if a blockbuster is in your area. It makes getting on the spur of the moment movies very very convenient. And having them in HD is all the better.

Value wise, i can't see $17.99 a month for 4 movies at a time with unlimited rentals per month being beat. But that's just me.
Old 07-31-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got a lot of choices... Local BBV got very good selection of BDs. BBVs around work also got tons of BD selections. The only thing i'm short of is time

i pick BBV on-line over nextflix any times, why? well, with BBV's total access, you can get more movies, it's that simple! yeah, you'll need to go the B&M store, but it's not a biggie if you're surrounded by BBVs.
Old 07-31-07, 10:29 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'm lucky enough to have one of the test stores by my house, so I'm still able to rent HD-DVDs as well as Blu-ray titles. I'm usually too cheap to spend $30-40 on HD-DVDs and Blu-ray titles, so I prefer to rent them most of the time.
Old 07-31-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by Wick
I'm lucky enough to have one of the test stores by my house, so I'm still able to rent HD-DVDs as well as Blu-ray titles. I'm usually too cheap to spend $30-40 on HD-DVDs and Blu-ray titles, so I prefer to rent them most of the time.
Whew, I suddenly feel good about spending $15-$27