HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

NIN: Which is Better?

Old 03-08-07, 12:56 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

NIN: Which is Better?

I'm having trouble deciding between the HD-DVD and Blu-ray releases of Beside You in Time. I've been reading reviews, but I haven't heard of many differences. But, I'm still undecided.

Any opinions on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-08-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They are essentially the same disc: same video, same audio. I believe the BD has an interactive feature that the HD-DVD lacks (although the same footage featured in the interactive function is still available on the HD-DVD), but the HD-DVD can be found for less moolah.
Old 03-08-07, 01:10 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I'll probably go with the HD, once it's available here in Canada. Future Shop's site lists them as being available on the 6th, but I don't think they have them yet. It's weird because they usually get Blu-ray discs on release and most HD-DVDs as well. Brokeback Mountain on HD took about 2-3 weeks extra though.
Old 03-08-07, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This gives you all the answers you need, including exactly what the difference are between each format. http://halo22.nin.com/hdfaq.html#q07
Old 03-08-07, 08:52 PM

Yeah and they say the blu-ray has a slight edge but you have to be a super stud to notice. Lucky for me I am...
Old 03-08-07, 10:13 PM
Banned by request

I just received my copy of the HD DVD version. I'll be shocked if I see a difference from the Blu-ray version.