HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Babel Blu Ray for $4.50 shipped

Old 02-22-07, 11:20 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 1,705
Babel Blu Ray for $4.50 shipped

http://www.gameznflix.com/default.as...il&id=11591385


This is such a great deal, I thought it deserved its own thread. Gameznflix has this listed for $0.00 plus $4.50 shipping. Apparently someone over at AVS has already received their copy. Placed mine tonight.
Bcolon is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 12:05 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
speedyray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Kingston, TN
Posts: 2,309
Well, unlikely to make it through late in the game (others have already got a copy shipped), but I took a shot at it.

Thanks, I have not been over at AVS for a while.
speedyray is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 06:24 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Acushnet, Massachusetts
Posts: 367
Placed the order as well. Definitely a mess up on their part. I'm sure a bunch of people will be receiving emails shortly with cancellations of their orders.

Thanks though
MrChaos is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 07:52 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
Damn, I just bought this on HD DVD. Might just give it a try and order it then sell it ...
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 08:04 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Too late for me.
matome is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 09:38 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,582
I didnt love the movie, but snagged it....ill keep it or trade it for another movie.

Thanks!
RockStrongo is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 10:49 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,576
I tried....$4.50, took a screenshot. Not the best of sites to check out, but for that price, I'll try.
DJ_Longfellow is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 10:49 AM
  #8  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 15,957
did anyone get a confirmation email?
digitalfreaknyc is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 11:14 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
I just ordered 4 copies for $18 and got an order number ... hope it works.
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 12:35 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Originally Posted by egy971
I just ordered 4 copies for $18 and got an order number ... hope it works.
Not at all greedy, are we?
flashburn is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 12:37 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,937
Originally Posted by egy971
I just ordered 4 copies for $18 and got an order number ... hope it works.
Ugh. Why? Wouldn't 1 for virtually free be enough of a good score for you?
BravesMG is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 01:20 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
Sorry guys, just trying to be real.

Last edited by egy971; 02-23-07 at 01:23 PM.
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 01:50 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
speedyray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Kingston, TN
Posts: 2,309
Originally Posted by egy971
Sorry guys, just trying to be real.

So all those of us that only bought one for ourselves and are not greedy and trying to blow the deal for everyone are not "real." I mean really, I bet that the majority of us only ordered one copy.

Oh, and I hope they flag yours and cancel it since your were trying to completely abuse it.
speedyray is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 01:57 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Originally Posted by egy971
Sorry guys, just trying to be real.
A "real" something, that's for sure.
flashburn is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 01:58 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
I wouldn't care if they cancel mine, because I already have the HD DVD. And I wouldn't say buying 4 copies would "blow the deal for everyone," because that price has been there for days from what I understand and I doubt I'm the only person that bought more than one. They are most likely out of stock anyway and all our orders will probably be canceled.
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:08 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,937
But why do you need 5 copies? And wouldn't you say that ordering 4 would look more suspicious?
BravesMG is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:10 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
speedyray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Kingston, TN
Posts: 2,309
Originally Posted by egy971
I wouldn't care if they cancel mine, because I already have the HD DVD. And I wouldn't say buying 4 copies would "blow the deal for everyone," because that price has been there for days from what I understand and I doubt I'm the only person that bought more than one. They are most likely out of stock anyway and all our orders will probably be canceled.
One person ordering that many maybe not a few maybe. Just depends. I am sure in this day and age most sites throw a flag when someone orders several copies of one item. A great number of sites even limit quantities in the fine print. If the deal is canceled or not canceled it does not change the fact that you were simply being greedy in an effort to turn a quick buck. We have all seen it for years. Anything that is mispriced floods eBay from people like you. Luckily the price falls and most of them don't make much if any money. I ordered one copy to watch. If I had already owned it, I may or may not have fooled with it. If I had already owned it, it would most likely be HD-DVD so I might have ordered to do a head to head comparison and sold one off or traded it.
speedyray is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:18 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by bravesmg
But why do you need 5 copies? And wouldn't you say that ordering 4 would look more suspicious?
To make money. I'm 16 bro, we're not all rich. I honestly don't care if it looks suspicious. They took my money, so they must supply the goods, or give me a refund.

Last edited by egy971; 02-23-07 at 02:21 PM.
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:20 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by speedyray
One person ordering that many maybe not a few maybe. Just depends. I am sure in this day and age most sites throw a flag when someone orders several copies of one item. A great number of sites even limit quantities in the fine print. If the deal is canceled or not canceled it does not change the fact that you were simply being greedy in an effort to turn a quick buck. We have all seen it for years. Anything that is mispriced floods eBay from people like you. Luckily the price falls and most of them don't make much if any money. I ordered one copy to watch. If I had already owned it, I may or may not have fooled with it. If I had already owned it, it would most likely be HD-DVD so I might have ordered to do a head to head comparison and sold one off or traded it.
So you are basically being a hypocrite. You just admitted you would probably do the same thing as me, less extreme, but the same thing nonetheless.
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:21 PM
  #20  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,598
Originally Posted by egy971
To make money. I'm 16 bro, we're not all rich.

And yet you are a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD owner?

gimmepilotwings is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:22 PM
  #21  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,598
Originally Posted by egy971
So you are basically being a hypocrite. You just admitted you would probably do the same thing as me, less extreme, but the same thing nonetheless.
He said that he would buy one, not 4. You must not have taken reading comprehension yet.
gimmepilotwings is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:23 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
And yet you are a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD owner?

Yeah, I got a PS3 as an X-mas gift and I sold my PS2, some games, and some DVDs to get my Toshiba HD-A2. What's your point?
egy971 is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:33 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: TC, MI
Posts: 735
I would be careful ordering large amounts of DVDs for free, they could ask for them back.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=491638
ScottsDvds is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:37 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mr. Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 18,044
Originally Posted by flashburn
A "real" something, that's for sure.
Mr. Cinema is offline  
Old 02-23-07, 02:38 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,937
Originally Posted by egy971
So you are basically being a hypocrite. You just admitted you would probably do the same thing as me, less extreme, but the same thing nonetheless.
No, it's absolutely not. In your terms, Bcolon was the one that posted this deal, and for the sake of argument, let's say he found the deal first. So if you found this first you would have ordered 150, and I'm using a low number for you because we're not all rich, bro, so let's say you could drop the $675. Your order would have killed this, but it doesn't matter man, because either you got all of them or nobody did.

But enjoy your $60 profit, I hope none of them sell and you're stuck explaining to your buddies why you needed 5 copies of Babel on two different formats. It would have been nice if they asked for your ID before you purchased 4 copies of an R rated film. Enjoy your cash.
BravesMG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.