HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Young Guns reviews?

Old 02-06-07, 10:38 PM
Banned

Young Guns reviews?

I just brought my first Blu-Ray disc which is Young Guns today but I can't find any reviews...
Old 02-06-07, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
I just brought my first Blu-Ray disc which is Young Guns today but I can't find any reviews...
put it in and review it yourself
Old 02-06-07, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Probably not the best disc to see a great HD picture. I popped it in just to check it, and the picture looked good, but not great detail. Some scenes may be better though. I just got a new receiver (Denon 887) that does the PCM & DTS HD, and I had to FF through it to make sure my receiver was working right- it was my first DTS HD after a few PCM 5.1s. Most scenes sounded mono. I found a scene that expanded to the L & R fronts, but had to find a shootout to hear anything from the rears. So it's not a great audio showcase either. I got 3 other Lionsgates' BluRays this week that all had DTS HD (First Blood, Reservoir Dogs, & American Psycho- which says DTS ES on the menu, but says DTS HD on the box & is HD), and even First Blood had more seperation than Young Guns. The opening song in Dogs sounded great & I'm getting ready to watch Psycho now. But Young Guns was pretty weak from what I heard so far & good, but not great in video.
Old 02-06-07, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
put it in and review it yourself
I don't have a Blu-Ray player but will buy that soon
Old 02-06-07, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Probably not the best disc to see a great HD picture. I popped it in just to check it, and the picture looked good, but not great detail. Some scenes may be better though. I just got a new receiver (Denon 887) that does the PCM & DTS HD, and I had to FF through it to make sure my receiver was working right- it was my first DTS HD after a few PCM 5.1s. Most scenes sounded mono. I found a scene that expanded to the L & R fronts, but had to find a shootout to hear anything from the rears. So it's not a great audio showcase either. I got 3 other Lionsgates' BluRays this week that all had DTS HD (First Blood, Reservoir Dogs, & American Psycho- which says DTS ES on the menu, but says DTS HD on the box & is HD), and even First Blood had more seperation than Young Guns. The opening song in Dogs sounded great & I'm getting ready to watch Psycho now. But Young Guns was pretty weak from what I heard so far & good, but not great in video.
Seems disappointing, oh well I am interested in Rambo, can you tell me how the video and audio quaility is?

Last edited by DVDFreaker; 02-06-07 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-07-07, 01:09 AM

people on AVS are saying it looks very good.
Old 02-07-07, 02:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Davy Mack
Really? I need to check it then
Old 02-07-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only checked a few scenes, so it may be good overall. The sound seemed pretty bad though. First Blood looked & sounded great from what I saw. The only one I watched completely was American Psycho, which sounded great & looked great after the credits- the opening was soft & colored strange, which made me think the picture was going to be horrible. What's the address for the AVS site?
Old 02-07-07, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Davy Mack
Let me guess: is one of them Gary?

Put a pile of horseshit in front of that guy, tell him it's in HD and he'll write a 10 page review about how it's the best HD version of horseshit he's ever seen....with just the right amount of intended grain.
Old 02-07-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Put a pile of horseshit in front of that guy
ya its reference bud, some people dont aprecisate good hd but i do but a lot of people dont but i do, its reference quality 10 out of 10, anyone who disgres deosesnt know what movies r supposed too lok like kthxbye
Old 02-07-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Seems disappointing, oh well I am interested in Rambo, can you tell me how the video and audio quaility is?
Just watched Rambo last night. Excellent transfer. Especially clean and pretty detailed for an older film even in the darker scenes like the mine. I was worried since the Special Edition DVD looked pretty damn crappy. The DTS-HD track is very nice as well. Great seperation and nice bass once things start blowing up.
Old 02-07-07, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
ya its reference bud, some people dont aprecisate good hd but i do but a lot of people dont but i do, its reference quality 10 out of 10, anyone who disgres deosesnt know what movies r supposed too lok like kthxbye
I almost pissed myself.

Thank you.
Old 02-07-07, 09:33 AM
Banned

Let me guess: is one of them Gary?

Put a pile of horseshit in front of that guy, tell him it's in HD and he'll write a 10 page review about how it's the best HD version of horseshit he's ever seen....with just the right amount of intended grain.

I thought his name was Douche, not Gary.
Old 02-07-07, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I can't bash him too much. he seems like a nice guy. And he gave me copies of his HD versions of Blade Runner and Mosquito Coast.
Old 02-07-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but not everything released, ever, can be considered reference quality. Way too generous with praise and not so much with the Shift key.
Old 02-07-07, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by El Kabong
I only checked a few scenes, so it may be good overall. The sound seemed pretty bad though. First Blood looked & sounded great from what I saw. The only one I watched completely was American Psycho, which sounded great & looked great after the credits- the opening was soft & colored strange, which made me think the picture was going to be horrible. What's the address for the AVS site?
I went back to Wal-Mart and brought First Blood
Old 02-07-07, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matome
Just watched Rambo last night. Excellent transfer. Especially clean and pretty detailed for an older film even in the darker scenes like the mine. I was worried since the Special Edition DVD looked pretty damn crappy. The DTS-HD track is very nice as well. Great seperation and nice bass once things start blowing up.
That is awesome! I went back to Wal-Mart and brought it!
Old 02-07-07, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Way too generous with praise and not so much with the Shift key.

I'm laughing on the inside. Basically laughing but not LOL'ing.
Old 02-07-07, 09:57 AM
Banned

Also, wtf is "brought", you mean "bought"?
Old 02-07-07, 04:11 PM

Also, wtf is "brought", you mean "bought"?
People that use foul language are low class.
Old 02-07-07, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dvdlovr24
fuck you.

Old 02-07-07, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I officially love this thread... so I'm going to go pick up Young Guns on BD now.
Old 02-07-07, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bravesmg
I officially love this thread... so I'm going to go pick up Young Guns on BD now.
Me too.
Old 02-07-07, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dvdlovr24
True!
Old 02-07-07, 05:21 PM

True!
The joke was aimed at you. Since that what you said about me on the AVS Forum.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.