Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Click on BD review (first BD-50)

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 10-10-06, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/click.html

Sounds like a good first showing for BD-50.
Old 10-10-06, 08:29 AM
Banned

Yes, it does sound good. But again, doesn't seem bowled over by it. Good for them for getting all the extras on there.

I'll echo awmurray. BD lives or dies with BD-50.
Old 10-10-06, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Yes, it does sound good. But again, doesn't seem bowled over by it. Good for them for getting all the extras on there.

I'll echo awmurray. BD lives or dies with BD-50.
Yeah, im only impressed that they got all the extras in hd....Im surprised they did this so early. Good sign though.
Old 10-10-06, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Yeah, im only impressed that they got all the extras in hd....Im surprised they did this so early. Good sign though.
Actually, this is the second disc to have HD extras. The first disc was "RV" which was released August 15th.
Old 10-10-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
All HD extras: A step in the right direction.
Old 10-10-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by joshd2012
Actually, this is the second disc to have HD extras. The first disc was "RV" which was released August 15th.
...but RockStrongo said "all" HD extras, and not everything on RV was in HD, was it? I tried checking the reviews at High Def Digest and DVD Talk, but neither of them made any mention of anything in HD on RV but the movie itself.

U2: Rattle and Hum was the first release with all HD extras, but it only had a trailer.

Originally Posted by The Bus
All HD extras: A step in the right direction.
Absolutely, and I hope what Click has accomplished quickly becomes the industry standard.
Old 10-10-06, 08:56 AM
Banned

While having extras in HD is nice, it's definitely not a must. If they can fit ALL extras on the disc and have it in HD, that's gravy. But first and foremost, get them all on there.
Old 10-10-06, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
...but RockStrongo said "all" HD extras, and not everything on RV was in HD, was it? I tried checking the reviews at High Def Digest and DVD Talk, but neither of them made any mention of anything in HD on RV but the movie itself.

U2: Rattle and Hum was the first release with all HD extras, but it only had a trailer.
The Home Theater Spot review says it does. Though, all the extras from the DVD aren't on there.
Old 10-10-06, 09:36 AM

Though, all the extras from the DVD aren't on there.
Exactly....Im glad to see a release with all the extras from the sd release.

But, the fact that they are all in hd is great news!

As others have said, hopefully it will be the standard.
Old 10-10-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Exactly....Im glad to see a release with all the extras from the sd release.

But, the fact that they are all in hd is great news!

As others have said, hopefully it will be the standard.

I really doubt it. The fact that the film was shot on HD Video not film means that it was probably easy to shoot on the set stuff in HD for special features later. I would bet this is one of the few films we will see all or even most of the special features in HD. If they prove me wrong, so be it. It sounds like they might finally be getting it right, but I am not ready to jump on the Blu Bandwagon just yet. Oh, and as much as I love Adam Sandler, this is not one of those movies I would go, man I want that in HD. That said, if I get a BD player I am sure I will pick this up - in fact, I did not buy the SD-DVD because I knew a BD would be there when & if I got a BD player.
Old 10-10-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should have this and Aeon Flux waiting for me when I get home. Glad to hear this is a great disc. HD extras are a nice plus, but I probably won't bother much with them either, since I just want the movie. The one I'm looking forward to is Black Hawk Down
Old 10-10-06, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matome
The one I'm looking forward to is Black Hawk Down
Indeed BHD and KOH are both on preorder for me!
Old 10-10-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by speedyray
I really doubt it. The fact that the film was shot on HD Video not film means that it was probably easy to shoot on the set stuff in HD for special features later. I would bet this is one of the few films we will see all or even most of the special features in HD.
Yeah, I would think that most special features will be in SD, at least the ones that were made before a few years ago. Some things presented in anamorphic widescreen (like the LOTR extras) may have been shot in HD, but I'd bet that a lot of the stuff made before a few years ago will be SD. Even for stuff that was shot on film (like music videos), they may not have access to the original negatives, and even if they do, they may be in such bad shape that it wouldn't be worth the cost to restore it.

As for Click, I have no interest in this movie. However, if BD ends up winning, I'm glad they're getting their act together so I'm not faced with the prospect of settling for lackluster discs when I get a BD player.
Old 10-10-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I really doubt it.
Oh, sure, but I meant in terms of newly-produced extras.

Still, I'm pretty sure we've seen some shot-on-HD extras already that have only been presented in standard def on HD DVD. I'm almost 100% positive there's a documentary on The Searchers that's like that, for instance.

Oh, and as much as I love Adam Sandler, this is not one of those movies I would go, man I want that in HD.
Adam Sandler? Nah. Click? Maybe not. Kate Beckinsale...?
Old 10-10-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Kate Beckinsale...?
After seeing this, I'm no longer a fan.
Old 10-11-06, 12:50 AM

Err.. I don't suppose anyone noticed these bits?

"'Click' comes to Blu-ray with a bit of historic import. The first-ever BD-50 dual-layer disc to hit the format, this one has a lot of expectations riding on it. If 'Click' looks anything short of fantastic, it may be seen as a bit of a disappointment by some... Now, the big question -- is all the hype surrounding BD-50 justified? Of course, it is impossible to truly know after watching only one title, and there is no BD-25 version of 'Click' to compare anyway... One caveat, though -- and this could well be indicative of the source material -- I did find that darker scenes and some of the more vibrant colors appeared a bit too alive with movement in the form of slight video noise..."
Old 10-11-06, 12:59 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by namja
After seeing this, I'm no longer a fan.
I'd hit it.
Old 10-11-06, 01:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I'd hit it.
And it would most definitely be rape.
Old 10-11-06, 01:08 AM
Banned by request

Give me some credit. It would be date rape.
Old 10-11-06, 01:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suprmallet

Give me some credit. It would be date rape.
*as Kate walks by*

"HEY! Don't you know who I AM?!?! I'm a DVDtalk BD reviewer now!! You're going to regret this one day! When this country is called the United States of Sony!"
Old 10-11-06, 01:11 AM
Banned by request

Nah, I'd be all smooth with Kate. I'd wine her and dine her, than take her home to show her my 55"...TV.
Old 10-11-06, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HiFiLux
Err.. I don't suppose anyone noticed these bits?

"'Click' comes to Blu-ray with a bit of historic import. The first-ever BD-50 dual-layer disc to hit the format, this one has a lot of expectations riding on it. If 'Click' looks anything short of fantastic, it may be seen as a bit of a disappointment by some... Now, the big question -- is all the hype surrounding BD-50 justified? Of course, it is impossible to truly know after watching only one title, and there is no BD-25 version of 'Click' to compare anyway... One caveat, though -- and this could well be indicative of the source material -- I did find that darker scenes and some of the more vibrant colors appeared a bit too alive with movement in the form of slight video noise..."
Digital noise is to video is the same as grain is to film. You can't get rid of it without destroying the movie. Enjoy nitpicking at (what is being reviewed as) a perfect transfer. Its all you have left.
Old 10-11-06, 07:18 AM

Digital noise is to video is the same as grain is to film. You can't get rid of it without destroying the movie. Enjoy nitpicking at (what is being reviewed as) a perfect transfer. Its all you have left.
Mods? A litlle balance here, please?

Just because YOU worship all things with the Sony logo does NOT mean that this disc is enoying "what is being reviewed as a perfect transfer" when AS POINTED OUT ABOVE IT IS NOT. Jesus!
Old 10-11-06, 07:21 AM

Enjoy nitpicking at (what is being reviewed as) a perfect transfer.
This thread is about Click, not Batman Begins.
Old 10-11-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Enjoy nitpicking at (what is being reviewed as) a perfect transfer. Its all you have left.
You'd be throwing a fit if someone aimed a comment like this at you, so cut it out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.