DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   BATMAN BEGINS Oct. 10th! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/477691-batman-begins-oct-10th.html)

Fettastic 09-14-06 01:19 PM

BATMAN BEGINS Oct. 10th!
 
And it's not even my birthday!

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=295

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...d-dvd_case.jpg

I believe this is the european version which is far cooler, but it's nice to look at.

digitalfreaknyc 09-14-06 01:20 PM

We know. It's already been posted twice :)

Adam Tyner 09-14-06 01:29 PM

I think some really high profile titles are worth highlighting in their own threads. Admittedly arbitrary, but...yeah.

digitalfreaknyc 09-14-06 01:31 PM

oh i know.

we're just going to have 3 different threads of :drool:

After this and the Superman announcement (whenever that happens), I wonder what title moves up the "bitch list?" :)

Fettastic 09-14-06 01:31 PM

I bought the HD-A1 essentially for this film. Obviously I want most of the HD DVD library, but when I closed my eyes and imagined watching Batman Begins in HD, there was no going back. My mind was made up and now it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

ShagMan 09-14-06 01:32 PM

heck yeah!!

Doughboy 09-14-06 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by Fettastic
I bought the HD-A1 essentially for this film. Obviously I want most of the HD DVD library, but when I closed my eyes and imagined watching Batman Begins in HD, there was no going back. My mind was made up and now it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Watching the chase scene demo at Worst Buy a few months back definitely piqued my interest in HD-DVD. This is the title I've been waiting for ever since I got my HD-A1 player. A great flick that'll provide terrific video and audio demo material(Dolby TrueHD!!!), plus it has the IME feature which helps make up for the absence of a commentary track on the SD-DVD release.

Now I just have to decide if I wanna sell the SD-DVD version and lose that comic book it came with.

digitalfreaknyc 09-14-06 02:15 PM


Originally Posted by Doughboy
Now I just have to decide if I wanna sell the SD-DVD version and lose that comic book it came with.

You have to decide? :) I'm gonna have it on ebay immediately ;)

Fettastic 09-14-06 02:19 PM


Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
You have to decide? :) I'm gonna have it on ebay immediately ;)

I sold mine on ebay months ago. I got somewhere around $30.00 for it too! It's "rare" because it sold out immediately and the rerelease didn't have the lenticular packaging or comic.

But all the content and more will be on the HD DVD so I don't miss it at all.

Doughboy 09-14-06 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by Fettastic
I sold mine on ebay months ago. I got somewhere around $30.00 for it too! It's "rare" because it sold out immediately and the rerelease didn't have the lenticular packaging or comic.

But all the content and more will be on the HD DVD so I don't miss it at all.

30 bucks?! Hell, I'll sell that sucker right now if that's what it's fetching. That's worth 1 1/2 HD-DVDs(provided they're not combos) over at Amazon.

Fettastic 09-14-06 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by Doughboy
30 bucks?! Hell, I'll sell that sucker right now if that's what it's fetching. That's worth 1 1/2 HD-DVDs(provided they're not combos) over at Amazon.

I just checked and it's not selling nearly that well anymore. I guess more people have heard of the HD versions. Plus I heard it played in HD on cable recently.

Who are these bastards that flood ebay with several postings of ridiculously low prices? There's someone there right now with 3 auctions selling the BB 2-disc for $1.86. Do they steal these things? Guys like that are why I am rarely over at ebay anymore. I can sell a DVD at my local resale shop for $5-$7. Why would I bother going through all that trouble to sell something online for $2?

Supermallet 09-14-06 03:23 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES!

RocShemp 09-14-06 03:33 PM

This is a must-buy for me. Definitely picking it up.

Doughboy 09-14-06 03:41 PM


Originally Posted by Fettastic
I just checked and it's not selling nearly that well anymore. I guess more people have heard of the HD versions. Plus I heard it played in HD on cable recently.

I saw it on HBO-HD. It looked nice, but not as impressive as that demo clip at Worst Buy. Plus it was cropped to 16:9. And let's face it, HBO-HD's DD 5.1 track won't be in the same league as the HD-DVD's DD Plus 5.1 or Dolby TrueHD.

dkny75 09-14-06 03:43 PM

:drool:

It will be mine.

Fettastic 09-14-06 03:51 PM


Originally Posted by Doughboy
I saw it on HBO-HD. It looked nice, but not as impressive as that demo clip at Worst Buy. Plus it was cropped to 16:9. And let's face it, HBO-HD's DD 5.1 track won't be in the same league as the HD-DVD's DD Plus 5.1 or Dolby TrueHD.

I have this really competitive friend. He likes to try and rub my nose in stuff he's seen before me, like Batman on HBO-HD. In fact, he calls me once a week or so and lists off all the films he has the option of watching in HD on cable. This irritated me at first until I realized that was sort of a map of films that will be ported to HD DVD.

He suffers from numerous delusions I don't have the heart to correct him on. He has a 52" 768 DLP that he swears he can watch 1080i programming on...in 1080i. Apparently something displays on the screen for whatever the encode is. Obviously it is getting downmixed but he swears he's getting the full monty. He also thinks over the air HD is the same as HD DVD.

He's always had a need to show off, despite the fact that until recently he hasn't had anything worth showing off. So I throw him a bone every now and then and let him feel superior because he saw the HBO HD version of Batman Begins. I tell him his HDTV looks better than mine, which is only half true (I have a tweaked 65" CRT).

lizard 09-14-06 03:52 PM


Originally Posted by Fettastic
I just checked and it's not selling nearly that well anymore. I guess more people have heard of the HD versions. Plus I heard it played in HD on cable recently.

Who are these bastards that flood ebay with several postings of ridiculously low prices? There's someone there right now with 3 auctions selling the BB 2-disc for $1.86. Do they steal these things? Guys like that are why I am rarely over at ebay anymore. I can sell a DVD at my local resale shop for $5-$7. Why would I bother going through all that trouble to sell something online for $2?

Try Amazon Marketplace. I netted $10.78 last week for the two disc (no comic) after commissions and shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...851929?ie=UTF8
Since that's about what I paid for it, I am happy.

And I netted $5.51 for the single disc at Half.com last week, again, about what I paid for it ($5.86).

Not a lot, but better than $2. (However, it helps that I have 100% positive feedback ratings at both places, and that both DVDs were in perfect, "like new" condition.)

Needless to say, I saw this HD DVD release coming and am mightly pleased BB is going to be released so soon. :)

tofferman 09-14-06 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by Doughboy
Watching the chase scene demo at Worst Buy a few months back definitely piqued my interest in HD-DVD...Now I just have to decide if I wanna sell the SD-DVD version and lose that comic book it came with.

I concur. Also, am I not the only one who regrets selling certain SD-DVD titles that are being swapped out for these HD-DVD titles? I suppose I could hold onto them, but my dvd storage space is becoming limited as time goes on. Toshiba's HD-DVD format better win against BD. Now, where's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

RocShemp 09-14-06 05:26 PM

Any word on wether the TrueHD track will be 16 bit or 24 bit?

flashburn 09-14-06 05:34 PM


Originally Posted by RocShemp
Any word on wether the TrueHD track will be 16 bit or 24 bit?

We don't even know if there will be a TrueHD track.

Mr. Cinema 09-14-06 06:22 PM

Batman Begins 10/10, Mission: Impossible III 10/30, King Kong 11/14, Superman Returns presumably 11/28, nice to see some of the big boys...

Things are looking good.....I wonder if we get a Harry Potter 4 official announcement.

Deftones 09-14-06 06:25 PM

This might be the first title I pick up when I do get a player...

kvrdave 09-14-06 07:14 PM

And no pre-order on Amazon. No wonder they went with a 10% off scam. They don't ever have any to sell people. :grunt:

MBoyd 09-14-06 07:36 PM

Was Superman confirmed at CEDIA?

Vipper II 09-14-06 08:11 PM


Originally Posted by kvrdave
And no pre-order on Amazon. No wonder they went with a 10% off scam. They don't ever have any to sell people. :grunt:

It appears that the debacle with certain Paramount titles, which still hasn't been fixed, is causing Amazon to be a lot more cautious with some preorders; they're posting them very close to the release date. Hell, 12 Monkeys and The Thing have been available just about every place else for a month now, and they're still MIA on Amazon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.