DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   BATMAN BEGINS Oct. 10th! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/477691-batman-begins-oct-10th.html)

digitalfreaknyc 09-23-06 09:59 AM

#29 in DVD on Amazon. Pretty sweet.

The Bus 09-23-06 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc

That beats any previous record.

Supermallet 09-23-06 10:33 PM

How in hell would you know, Bus? ;)

digitalfreaknyc 09-23-06 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
How in hell would you know, Bus? ;)

Who do you think compiles all those charts and graphs and shit? :)

Supermallet 09-23-06 10:49 PM

Should I have made my wink smiley even bigger?

digitalfreaknyc 09-23-06 10:50 PM

Should I have made my wink smiley even bigger?

oh hush. i'm at work. I didn't realize. *sigh*

Cartload 10-02-06 07:29 PM

Fellas, I think I had what equates to a religious experience with Batman Begins on HD DVD. This completely erased any doubts about whether or not I should have purchased a player. I managed to score a copy of my local Target in Port Orange, FL. I had someone bring it to me from the stockroom.

I'm drooling just imagining how Superman Returns will look and sound.

Skoobooz 10-02-06 08:45 PM

Picked up mine in Burbank, CA. Might start watching it tonight....

Doughboy 10-02-06 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cartload
Fellas, I think I had what equates to a religious experience with Batman Begins on HD DVD. This completely erased any doubts about whether or not I should have purchased a player.

No kidding. I never questioned my purchase of the A1 player. Best investment I'd made in a very long time(especially for under $400 shipped through OnePass).

But if you're still holding out, make sure you DO NOT watch Batman Begins on HD-DVD. The transfer puts the SD-DVD to shame and the Dolby TrueHD during the Batmobile chase is now my #1 audio demo.

Worst Buy needs to just pop this movie in their Toshiba player and keep it on endless repeat and their HD-DVD and HDTV sales will go through the roof.

whotony 10-02-06 10:12 PM

available now if you aim for the right Target

;)

Dvdlovr24 10-02-06 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc

I imagine that it is going ot drop pretty fast with everyone picking theirs up at Target. I canceled mine yesterday along with The Polar Express.

Supermallet 10-02-06 11:54 PM

I canceled mine, but for all the people picking it up, I still think it's not many compared to all those Amazon pre-orders.

By the way, I watched the movie again (third time heh) and this is easily the best sound and image I've experienced in any home anywhere in my 22 years on this earth. It was, in fact, better than when I saw it at the multiplex. I'm guessing the only better way to experience it would be on IMAX.

nonametofame 10-03-06 01:02 AM

I canceled mine, but for all the people picking it up, I still think it's not many compared to all those Amazon pre-orders.

By the way, I watched the movie again (third time heh) and this is easily the best sound and image I've experienced in any home anywhere in my 22 years on this earth. It was, in fact, better than when I saw it at the multiplex. I'm guessing the only better way to experience it would be on IMAX.

Yeah, I can verify that BB in IMAX is indeed, by far, the best presentation I have ever experienced theatrically or at home. But I must say, the HD disc was pretty damn close. It's funny that on both IMAX and HD-DVD, with the increased lresolution, I was better able to make out that small facial blemish Christian Bale has near his right eye on his nose. Now that's what I call detail.

Mr. Cinema 10-03-06 05:50 AM

If it's true that most Targets only got 1 copy each of their HD DVD titles, I seriously doubt Amazon's sales are going to suffer.

bboisvert 10-03-06 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
If it's true that most Targets only got 1 copy each of their HD DVD titles, I seriously doubt Amazon's sales are going to suffer.

Is that the rumor? Damn... I certainly understand starting off slowly, but that's nuts. :)

And, from the sound of things, most of the new release titles won't even make it onto the floor. There are going to be some very, very sad HD DVD sections in Target stores next week...

Mr. Cinema 10-03-06 07:04 AM

According to many posts at AVS, Target is "testing" these out at stores and are saying they only got 1 of each title for their Oct. 8 rollout. There are others who claim they had 5 or so copies each.

Josh Z 10-03-06 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by nonametofame
Yeah, I can verify that BB in IMAX is indeed, by far, the best presentation I have ever experienced theatrically or at home.

The Imax DMR presentation for Batman Begins that I saw was riddled with ugly edge enhancement. Harry Potter 3 was much more impressive.

Mr. Cinema 10-03-06 05:55 PM

TOUCHDOWN! TARGET!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rman/hd001.jpg

Mr. Cinema 10-03-06 06:32 PM

Tried 2 Targets tonight. One showed Batman as not being in stock. The other one had it. Took about 10 minutes total to get it. First the guys scanned it in their scanning gun and it said not in stock. I went to the red price checker and typed in the number and it said in stockroom. So I went to another worker and he typed in the number in his machine and it said in stockroom as well. After that, they took me to the dvd section and handed me the 1-disc dvd version. I played dumb and said "I think the one I'm looking for comes in a red case." I received a blank face. The guy looked at his machine again and finally noticed the description had HD in front and he asked me if I had a HD Tv and then proceeded to go to the electronics dept stock area. A few seconds later he came out with Batman in "the red case". :) I bought it and almost ran out of there for fear they would somehow figure out my plan and come after me.

Michael Ballack 10-03-06 06:40 PM

Good for you Mr. Cinema. I've never been lucky enough to get something before street date. Stupid follow the rules stores in my area. :lol:

whotony 10-03-06 07:44 PM

went to two tagets today.
one wasout the other only had one in the stockroom

Maxflier 10-04-06 12:19 AM

Scored mine at Target tonight also.

Eric D. 10-04-06 12:57 AM

The employees at the Target I went to don't even know what HD DVD is, so I was not able to pick up BB early. They were looking at me like I was crazy when I was trying to explain it to them. Funny thing was the guy in line next to me finally jumped in and also tried to explain it to them. No luck, they still didn't get it. "But it's just a DVD right? We sell those!" :brickwl2:

It seems like I'm the only one left who has yet to score a copy. You guys are lucky. Enjoy it!

Ralph Jenkins 10-04-06 07:03 AM

I tried a nearby Target last night with no luck. The clerk said it was in stock, but that it was not on the sales floor because it "might not be released yet". I didn't press the issue.

Mr. Cinema 10-04-06 08:49 AM

one poster at AVS says their Target had put out all of their titles already. He remembered Fast and the Furious 1 & 2, Bourne Supremacy, and Cinderella Man. He said all HD and BD titles were $19.99. If that's the case, I'll be buying all of my stuff from Target.