Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dell LCD HDTV any good?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Dell LCD HDTV any good?

Old 06-09-06, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dell LCD HDTV any good?

Im wondering if the Dell LCD HDTV any good? I am looking at getting the W2306C LCD TV.
Old 06-09-06, 10:58 PM

As a computer monitor, it's probably great, but as an HDTV it's got limitations. With a 550:1 contrast ratio it won't do dark scenes well; dark details will disappear. With a native 1366 x 768 it'll be capable of a 720P presentation, but not 1080i or 1080P. However, the difference between 720P and 1080i or P won't be very noticable in a display of this size (23 inches).

Phil
Old 06-10-06, 07:19 AM

Thanks. I also found this one. Most the reviews are positive. its a Syntax Olevia LT30HV 30 inch HD-Ready Flat Panel LCD Television
Old 06-28-06, 01:45 PM

Say No to Dell LCD HDTV....

I bought a Dell 32” LCD HDTV back in December 2005 and it has been a pain in the butt. I am constantly changing batteries in the lame remote control. The HD tuner does not do a very good job of getting HD signals. There are some channels that it reports as having a weak signal all the time. My father-in-law, who lives very close, just bought a 60 Mitsubishi DLP and gets great HD reception. He is only using old fashion rabbit ears and I am using a Zenith ZHDTV1 HDTV-UHF Digital Indoor Antenna. The same antenna that the FCC uses to test HD signals. As for sound, the TV has a problem of broadcasting the sound properly in a room; the TV has a volume scale between 0 and 100. When viewing normal TV the sound is okay when to volume level of 30 to 40. However, when viewing a DVD or VHS tape you have to turn the volume really high the volume has to be set at 65+ to be heard. In addition, the functionality of the TV is poor; I defiantly would not recommend buying one.
Dell Case# 134757171
Old 07-05-06, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by LordofWar
Thanks. I also found this one. Most the reviews are positive. its a Syntax Olevia LT30HV 30 inch HD-Ready Flat Panel LCD Television
I have the Olevia 32inch LCD and it's great. The black balance could be a little better at times, but for the price, it does produce a great HD picture. I believe it was rated as one of consumer reports best buys when it came out. It is a great entry level HD flat pannel set and would suggest it to anyone. Now that i'm out of college and making decent money, I am probably going to upgrade to a bigger plasma or DLP set eventually that is 1080p capable, but for now, this set does the job for my XBox 360 and HDTV broadcasts. I hope this helped.