Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

HD/Blu-Ray Talks Break Down :( Blu-Ray wins? [merged]

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

HD/Blu-Ray Talks Break Down :( Blu-Ray wins? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I recall in the early 80's (I was only around 12 yrs old at that time), Beta could only hold two hours of information, where as VHS could hold six hours.

Beta was out for some time before VHS.
Old 01-10-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Some of the BD players are nice looking, others don't look like anything great. The Hd-dvd players don't look right either.

Looking at the pics on thedigitalbits.com, we have Hd-dvd players from Toshiba and RCA(which is just a Toshiba cloned deck) against Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Sharp, Phillips and, at least at the start of the spring, Samsung. That says alot from the CE side of things.
Old 01-11-06, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote David H:
As I recall in the early 80's (I was only around 12 yrs old at that time), Beta could only hold two hours of information, where as VHS could hold six hours.

Beta was out for some time before VHS.

Not ture. There were three different recording options for a beta becasue I still have my Sony (really my parents old one) that still works. The recording were BETA I (VHS SP mode), BETA II (VHS LP mode), and BEAT III (VHS SLP mode). The BETA III mode would hold 480 minutes of video and the picture quality was the same as a VHS running in SP mode. BETA was better buy Sony messed up big time.