Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Searching Threads

Old 03-23-01, 09:24 PM

Is there a way to perform a search on just one thread? Many threads here get to be many pages long, and it would be nice to be able to do this. I have read the Faq and have searched for this topic, but I have not found an answer to this.

Thanks, Matt
Old 03-23-01, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Use the Edit -> Find option on your computer (or just hit CTRL-F). That'll search for any instances of the word you want on any 1 page (once you have found the thread you want, of course).
Old 03-23-01, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a suggestion but you really should read the threads your posting in. Not a flame (I realize you may not be posting, just lurking) but it is quite annoying to have a question asked that is has already been asked and answered in a thread, or to have somebody state something that has been posted already. This behavior is particularly frowned upon in Bargains.

Old 03-24-01, 12:11 AM

Originally posted by scott27
Use the Edit -> Find option on your computer (or just hit CTRL-F). That'll search for any instances of the word you want on any 1 page (once you have found the thread you want, of course).
Thanks, but I already knew that. I guess what I was wanting is not possible.

Matt
Old 03-24-01, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by joltaddict

Just a suggestion but you really should read the threads your posting in. Not a flame (I realize you may not be posting, just lurking) but it is quite annoying to have a question asked that is has already been asked and answered in a thread, or to have somebody state something that has been posted already. This behavior is particularly frowned upon in Bargains.

I am not taking this as a flame, just good advise. However, I do read the posts, I just wanted a way to search the ones that are X amount of pages long.

Other than that I'm not quite sure what you're refering to, as I try and search for all my answers rather than post more redundant questions.

Matt