Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

How about a Sports Thread?

Old 03-20-01, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

just a suggestion -

i realize that this may be getting out of hand with the adding of new threads - but if there's room for another and enough people show interest, i don't think it's such a bad idea
Old 03-20-01, 03:15 PM
Retired

I brought it up before, and still think it would be a good idea. Especially since there are DVD Talk fantasy leagues for every major sport. I always thought that TV, Videogames, and sports, deserved their own forum, and the rest of the stuff was appropriate in other. But it's no big deal. I'm just happy we got the Movie forum to unclutter DVD Talk.
Old 03-20-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Personally, I don't think a sports forum belongs at DVDTalk. Other is perfect for discussion of sports, I think. The forums we currently have - DVD, movies, TV, video games - all fit into the same realm of home entertainment/home theater. Sports doesn't, and would be out of place here with its own forum IMHO. Feel free to discuss sports in Other, or even the TV forum, I just don't think it calls for its own forum here.

Just my $.02.
Old 03-20-01, 03:52 PM
Retired

That's a good argumement scott27, and is exaclty what Geoff decided when I brought it up before. I have no problems just posting sports stuff in the other forum, hell that's the main thing that keeps me going there. It's just a pain to find the sports threads sometimes, but it's no big deal. It's not something I'm going to lobby for.
Old 03-20-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by joshhinkle
It's not something I'm going to lobby for.
Josh, you have to find something to lobby for, now that we have a general Movies forum.

j/k
Old 03-20-01, 04:03 PM
Retired

Originally posted by scott27
Originally posted by joshhinkle
It's not something I'm going to lobby for.
Josh, you have to find something to lobby for, now that we have a general Movies forum.

j/k
Nah, that was the only thing really bothering me. I'd like to see a better balance of "fun" and "serious" posts in the other forum though. Thankfully Bushdogs challenge seems to be working somewhat as it has been better the past day or two.
Old 03-20-01, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What about an Aussie Thread? Then the three of us can pad away in there.
Old 08-22-01, 04:11 PM
Mod Emeritus

I've forgotten the identity of the third Aussie after <b>desmondp<font color="#f7f7f7">oll</font> and <b>Fhrx</b>....