Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Old 11-02-22, 09:28 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner
Thread Starter
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: the 870
Posts: 22,130
Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts
Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Not a big deal but I do like to mark all forums read but I have to go to the desktop version to do it.
Old 11-02-22, 06:29 PM
  #2  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,431
Received 697 Likes on 421 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Not a big deal but I do like to mark all forums read but I have to go to the desktop version to do it.
Mark ALL FORUMS read? I'm unfamiliar with this. Could you please point me to it?
Old 11-02-22, 06:56 PM
  #3  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 22,650
Received 404 Likes on 287 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Mark ALL FORUMS read? I'm unfamiliar with this. Could you please point me to it?
FWIW, I occasionally use it too.


The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (11-03-22)
Old 11-02-22, 09:48 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 7,391
Received 219 Likes on 142 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Mark ALL FORUMS read? I'm unfamiliar with this. Could you please point me to it?
It's also in the "Quick Links" drop-down menu along the top of every page.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (11-03-22)
Old 11-03-22, 05:46 PM
  #5  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,431
Received 697 Likes on 421 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

OK, I can suggest it's integrated into a new mobile release, but does seem like a pretty low use case
The following users liked this post:
story (11-04-22)
Old 11-04-22, 08:41 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,817
Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
OK, I can suggest it's integrated into a new mobile release, but does seem like a pretty low use case
I use it multiple times per day since it's addition to the forum. Switch to desktop, use it, switch back. It would be nice to not have to switch back and forth. Also the oddity of the new skin on mobile in desktop mode was seen by me just because I flip back and forth to use this function.
Old 11-04-22, 01:37 PM
  #7  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,431
Received 697 Likes on 421 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
I use it multiple times per day since it's addition to the forum. Switch to desktop, use it, switch back. It would be nice to not have to switch back and forth. Also the oddity of the new skin on mobile in desktop mode was seen by me just because I flip back and forth to use this function.
So, just getting some insight here with no judgement, why do you use it?
Old 11-04-22, 08:50 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,817
Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Mark all forums read button on mobile site?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
So, just getting some insight here with no judgement, why do you use it?
As I frequent the forum many times per day, I mark it read when I am finished. That way when I return at a later time I know it is refreshed and all new are actually new not items that were previously new and I'd already skipped.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.