Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

New attachment support?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

New attachment support?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-20, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 232 Likes on 145 Posts
New attachment support?

Did something change with how images get attached to posts? Today I made this post:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk...l#post13758605

and it is showing a thumbail attachment as well as the original? I don't get it. The attach image button method actually wasn't working, so I just manually used the IMG tag, and somehow it attached a thumbnail.

I should note that the "attach an image" pop up seemed different to me, and was implying that you could attach non-image files to the post. That's new, isn't it?

Last edited by joeblow69; 06-16-20 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-16-20, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Received 1,108 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: New attachment support?

We made that change over a year ago. We recommend using the Full CKEditor, which you can change to here: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

You should either be using the "Upload" button in the editor menu ribbon or manually entering BBCode via "Source"
Old 06-16-20, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How do I get rid of the attached thumbnail? Editing the post doesn't give me the option, and looking at the source of the post doesn't show anything about a thumbnail

Oh, and I am using the full CK editor. I used the "upload" button, which I think uploaded the image as a thumbnail? instead of inline?
Old 06-16-20, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Received 1,108 Likes on 644 Posts

OK, I did some testing. The problem is with the URL of the image you chose. I'm not really sure why. I was able to upload other images by pasting their URL.

You can't get rid of the thumbnail, unfortunately. That problem has come up on other sites and we've been working on it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
81-ED-Ns-SXDL-SL1500.jpg (57.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-16-20, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting! I always use https://postimages.org/ to post images... I wonder what's specific about that one?