Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Title change for Politics subforum

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Title change for Politics subforum

Old 10-15-19, 03:02 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,035
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Title change for Politics subforum

This subforum is currently titled "Religion, Politics and World Events." However, the main topic of discussion is politics, so I think the title should begin with the word "politics."

Possible titles
  • Politics, Religion, and World Events
  • Politics, Society, and Religion
  • Politics, Society, and World Events
Any other ideas?
Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:11 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,087
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

What difference does it make? It's for all 3 of those topics.
andicus is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:14 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,035
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

I think it makes sense to lead with the main topic. Religion isn't discussed much.

If you're running a store called "Wine and Craft Beer," should more than 95% of your stock be beer?

Last edited by Ghostbuster; 10-15-19 at 03:23 PM.
Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:24 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,251
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

The title is in damn Double Reverse Alphabetical order and people should deal with it.

closing thread and IBTL
Kurt D is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:26 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,695
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

How about "Controversial Shit"?

Seems fitting
Noonan is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:28 PM
  #6  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: rent-free, apparently.
Posts: 20,697
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

I prefer "The reason we're all doomed" Forum.
Dan is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:43 PM
  #7  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 20,960
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

"Re-tweet and repeat" forum.
The Cow is online now  
Old 10-15-19, 03:46 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,695
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

"Where even a basic tweet is considered a meme"
Noonan is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 03:58 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,035
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

I'm not saying that this is a big deal. I'm just making a suggestion. A title beginning with the word "politics" would be more fitting.

Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 05:07 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,695
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

I would keep politics and religion (subjects that are prone to generate controversy and contentious exchanges) in the same sub-forum, as now, but move non-political, non-religious world events to the Other forum. That's kind of how it is already unofficially, but the separation is not clear.
Norm de Plume is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 05:46 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,035
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
I would keep politics and religion (subjects that are prone to generate controversy and contentious exchanges) in the same sub-forum, as now, but move non-political, non-religious world events to the Other forum. That's kind of how it is already unofficially, but the separation is not clear.
I tend to agree. A good title would be "Politics, Social Issues, and Religion."
Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 06:44 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,686
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Now we know what keeps Ghostbuster awake at night...
Josh-da-man is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 10:55 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 12,615
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I prefer "The reason we're all doomed" Forum.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking whenever I peruse that particular forum. Fuck, it's depressing.
cultshock is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 11:15 PM
  #14  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 9,096
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Waitasec,people want the subforum title to change from Religion & Politics into Politics & Religion because we talk about Politics more than Religion?

And this is on a DVDTalk website that talks more about Blu-rays, streaming, UHD 4K, and even Politics & Religion than DVDs?

I personally think the title is fine but I'll personally keep listening to all of your thoughts on this, thanks.
story is offline  
Old 10-15-19, 11:22 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,319
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

You say tomato I say tomatoe
Sonic is offline  
Old 10-16-19, 07:33 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,001
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

How about "The Forum Where You're Most Likely to Be Banned"?
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 10-16-19, 11:55 AM
  #17  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,242
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

I vote for "Super Happy Fun Forum"
Bandoman is offline  
Old 10-16-19, 03:13 PM
  #18  
Admin-MemeCat
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,834
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by story View Post
Waitasec,people want the subforum title to change from Religion & Politics into Politics & Religion because we talk about Politics more than Religion?

And this is on a DVDTalk website that talks more about Blu-rays, streaming, UHD 4K, and even Politics & Religion than DVDs?

I personally think the title is fine but I'll personally keep listening to all of your thoughts on this, thanks.
story is awesome. That's my hot take.
VinVega is offline  
Old 10-16-19, 08:52 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 12,615
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by story View Post
Waitasec,people want the subforum title to change from Religion & Politics into Politics & Religion because we talk about Politics more than Religion?

And this is on a DVDTalk website that talks more about Blu-rays, streaming, UHD 4K, and even Politics & Religion than DVDs?

I personally think the title is fine but I'll personally keep listening to all of your thoughts on this, thanks.
Can't argue with that logic, damn.
cultshock is offline  
Old 10-16-19, 09:38 PM
  #20  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 20,960
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by story View Post
Waitasec,people want the subforum title to change from Religion & Politics into Politics & Religion because we talk about Politics more than Religion?

And this is on a DVDTalk website that talks more about Blu-rays, streaming, UHD 4K, and even Politics & Religion than DVDs?

I personally think the title is fine but I'll personally keep listening to all of your thoughts on this, thanks.
Yeah, you make good sense, and are on to something here. It's time to bring back the DVD culture! Ringo Starr and ELO have new albums coming out, no reason we can't bring back the past too.

** off to search for DVDs about Air Compressors! **
The Cow is online now  
Old 10-17-19, 12:34 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,686
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by story View Post
Waitasec,people want the subforum title to change from Religion & Politics into Politics & Religion because we talk about Politics more than Religion?

And this is on a DVDTalk website that talks more about Blu-rays, streaming, UHD 4K, and even Politics & Religion than DVDs?
And don't forget The Last Jedi, which is either the pinnacle of all human achievement or an abomination that will bring about the apocalypse.

Or at least while the Rise of Skywalker thread was still open...



Josh-da-man is offline  
Old 10-17-19, 09:53 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Hokeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 19,097
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

I enjoy "Bernard".
Hokeyboy is offline  
Old 10-17-19, 11:39 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,251
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

So we've heard.
Kurt D is offline  
Old 10-17-19, 08:15 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Hokeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 19,097
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Probably from "Bernard".
Hokeyboy is offline  
Old 10-18-19, 10:48 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, IN. No pettifoggery allowed.
Posts: 13,989
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Title change for Politics subforum

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
How about "Controversial Shit"?
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I prefer "The reason we're all doomed" Forum.
Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
"Re-tweet and repeat" forum.
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
"Where even a basic tweet is considered a meme"

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
How about "The Forum Where You're Most Likely to Be Banned"?

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
I vote for "Super Happy Fun Forum"

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
I enjoy "Bernard".



"The Orange Man Bad (and those other threads)" subforum.
mspmms is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.