Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

New Update

Old 03-15-16, 01:05 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 6,990
New Update

Just wondering what's up with seeing the thread title at the top of each person's post? Is that something we can turn off? I don't remember it before the update. Just wanted to see what others thought of it.
Quack is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 01:26 PM
  #2  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 20,522
Re: New Update

It was there before, but it was right-justified and not bold.

I agree it's not necessary and sticks out.
The Cow is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 01:38 PM
  #3  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,895
Re: New Update

are these new tweaks supposed to attract new members or discourage? just wondering...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 02:14 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,142
Re: New Update

Some of the changes seem broken to me. For one thing the reply box previously was more centered on the page whereas now its off to the left. Also in the forum sections the thread information is sometimes stretched across the page. I'm using Internet Explorer 11 currently.

Last edited by Mike86; 03-15-16 at 02:20 PM.
Mike86 is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 02:18 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
William Fuld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 3,566
Re: New Update

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
or discourage? just wondering...
Nope, that's still your job.
William Fuld is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 03:05 PM
  #6  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 24,313
Re: New Update

dex14 is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 03:21 PM
  #7  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Re: New Update

Oldboy still can't use Google. Rocshemp is still MIA. We're still in the past. I've still got a micro penis. I'm still Brown. Grundle still isn't smart.

Nothing worth a damn has changed. You sons of bitches.
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 03:21 PM
  #8  
Admin-Thanos
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 30,848
Re: New Update

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Some of the changes seem broken to me. For one thing the reply box previously was more centered on the page whereas now its off to the left. Also in the forum sections the thread information is sometimes stretched across the page. I'm using Internet Explorer 11 currently.
Seeing the same in Firefox. I'll let IB know.
VinVega is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 03:40 PM
  #9  
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 541
Re: New Update

Originally Posted by Quack View Post
Just wondering what's up with seeing the thread title at the top of each person's post? Is that something we can turn off? I don't remember it before the update. Just wanted to see what others thought of it.
Hmm that seems like a pretty small thing that is probably baked into the code, but I will ask tech.

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
the reply box previously was more centered on the page whereas now its off to the left. Also in the forum sections the thread information is sometimes stretched across the page.
I doubt the reply box is going to be changed. But I will look into the stretching issue if you can send me screen shots and links to somewhere it is happening so I can see for myself.
IBobi is offline  
Old 03-15-16, 03:47 PM
  #10  
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,359
Re: New Update

Originally Posted by IBobi View Post

But I will look into the stretching issue if you can send me screen shots and links to somewhere it is happening so I can see for myself.
if it's the same as what i'm thinking, check out post #824 in this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk...thread-33.html

The URL in that post is not getting shortened so it stretches everything on that page.

URL shortening itself is working fine for the most part though, because you can see it's doing it correctly in post #823. something with the board appending the class="vglnk" to the URL is breaking the function.
HN is offline  
Old 03-22-16, 10:11 PM
  #11  
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 541
Re: New Update

Originally Posted by HN View Post
if it's the same as what i'm thinking, check out post #824 in this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk...thread-33.html

The URL in that post is not getting shortened so it stretches everything on that page.

URL shortening itself is working fine for the most part though, because you can see it's doing it correctly in post #823. something with the board appending the class="vglnk" to the URL is breaking the function.
I'll see if tech can do something.
IBobi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.