Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Getting rid of the Ignore functionality

Old 06-24-13, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Getting rid of the Ignore functionality

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
so the fact that someone won't respond to your posts inhibits the overall discussion on the forums?

Since you keep saying "it's not about me", then the fact that someone won't respond to posts from a specific user inhibits the overall discussion for others? Are that specific user's posts so insightful that everyone is the worse for the fact that another specific user won't respond to them? If the posts are that good, then others will respond. If they're not, and really directed at one other person's posts, well, what is the sound of one hand clapping?
Again, I'm just using my own experience as an example. It applies to anyone who joins a board and then ignores half the users. What is that person contributing? What if it extends to dozens of users...all ignoring each other. What kind of community do we have? This is a...good thing? I don't get it.

Ugh, forget it. Obviously I'm pretty alone on this. Feel free to lock the thread up or delete it.
Old 06-24-13, 07:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
It doesn't really inhibit discussion. If somebody doesn't want to read or respond to your post, they won't.
... You've changed, man.
Old 06-24-13, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
... You've changed, man.
It's the badge and the gun.
Old 06-24-13, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just wanted to pat SolidSnakePAC on the back for carrying on the dieinafire legacy. I love you, man. *wiping away a tear*
Old 06-25-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I've never used the Ignore feature myself because I've never cared enough about what anyone says on this board to remove them from my sight. But I do appreciate the back and forth, and I think it's silly that you can basically make it so you have the "back" but not the "forth".
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Ugh, forget it. Obviously I'm pretty alone on this. Feel free to lock the thread up or delete it.
A bit of a double standard here, Draven. You don't like people using the ignore feature to avoid discussing things yet when a thread doesn't go completely the way you like you now feel it's okay to delete it from sight and stop the discussion. I think people do understand what you're saying but I wonder if you really do?

Last edited by Pizza; 06-25-13 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-25-13, 09:55 AM
Admin-Thanos

Don't be too hard on Draven. I don't think it was a bad question. I think most of the forum feels like the ignore feature is an ok feature to have. I'm going to respect his wishes and close the thread because I think we have our answer.