Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Update YouTube tag to allow fullscreen?

Old 11-29-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Update YouTube tag to allow fullscreen?

The YouTube tag on DVDTalk doesn't allow for fullscreen, though the current YouTube embedded player does. Can someone in the know update the YT tag to include the Fullscreen variable?
HTML Code:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/!--video id--!&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/!--video id--!&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
And, while I'm at it, shouldn't the Code tag display HTML code without me having to break the syntax?

Last edited by shaun3000; 11-29-08 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-29-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by shaun3000 View Post
And, while I'm at it, shouldn't the Code tag display HTML code without me having to break the syntax?
That's what the [ html ] tag is for. [ code ] is basically just a straight-up &lt;pre&gt;.

HTML Code:
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
Old 11-29-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OHHHHHHH, didn't even know that existed. Awesome!

Soo, mine shows up as a long line and you have to scroll right... Any way to wrap the text?

Last edited by shaun3000; 11-29-08 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-29-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

The only way is to add carriage returns.

HTML Code:
<object width="425" height="344">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/!--video id--!&hl=en&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/!--video id--!&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
</object>
Old 11-30-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well cool.

Now then, back on topic. Can one of you Admins update the YT tag to include fullscreen?
Old 12-04-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone? Anyone? I'm glad my off-topic question got answered. We even carried on a mini-discussion about it. But what about my actual request?
Old 12-10-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 12-11-08, 05:35 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry, you used up your quota for this month.
Old 12-11-08, 12:41 PM
Internet Brands

We've looked into upgrading the plugin that allows users to post YouTube vids here, and there isn't a completely stable way of doing it yet. It is, however, in the works.
Old 12-11-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There's no way to add the fullscreen tag? I didn't realize it was a special plug-in.
Old 12-11-08, 06:16 PM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by shaun3000 View Post
There's no way to add the fullscreen tag? I didn't realize it was a special plug-in.
It's not a plugin on this forum, it's a custom BB code. I went ahead and added the required fields, and it didn't work. The way around this, is by using a plugin. We have a standard one that we usually use, and that one also doesn't support the full screen option.

I do apologize, when I read this I assumed you were talking about the new wider aspect ratio. In that case, the plugin we usually use hasn't been updated to work with that. Either way, eventually these issues will be fixed, and we appreciate your patience.