Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Clicking on username question.

Old 10-29-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Clicking on username question.

Traditionally, when I click on my username (or anyone's for that matter) in a post header, it brings up a dropdown dialog box with a number of options, one of which is to see all posts made by the user. Sweet. Been using it for years.

Lately, it has been opening up a completely new page with tabs for the user info and stats and stuff. Then you have to click a few times to get the same results (see all posts). Oddly enough, it went back to the old way a couple of hours ago, but now is back again to the new way (different page).

Is this a problem with MY setup, or is something being altered/tweaked on DVD Talk's end? If it's my setup, what do I do to fix it?
Old 10-29-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It seems to be working normally for me now using Chrome as my browser, and has always worked for me as far as I can remember. But I don't use it that often so I don't know if it was ever broken
Old 10-29-08, 02:05 PM

I tried clicking one of my own posts and a few others and I still get the dropdown box.

When I clicked on my own "View Public Profile", it took me to the username "110179". I've done this before and it worked fine.
Old 10-29-08, 02:17 PM

Sounds like you've got JavaScript blocked for this site.
Old 10-29-08, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's working right now for me for all the names in this thread. Wasn't working when I posted the original question. Same browser, same PC.
Old 10-29-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OK, here's something interesting. I just made a post in the "How many fridges do you have" thread. Before posting, clicking on usernames worked as desired (dropdown). After posting, clicking on my username took me to the new user-specific page. After refreshing the page, it once again worked as desired. I then did a test edit, made no changes, then saved the edit. When clicking again on my username it was now back to taking me to a new page.

Could someone else try this and see if they get the same results?
Old 10-29-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep. Seems if you post in a thread, then click on your username after the page refreshes with your new post added, it takes you to your Profile page. You have to manually refresh to get the dropdown back. Weird.
Old 10-29-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I always get the "forum makes you wait 20 seconds to do a search" even though I haven't made one. its been like that for weeks which sucks because I use to use the fuction to finds posts I remember reading but don't remember the particular thread.
Old 10-29-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

test - even after making a post, it brings up the dropdown for me
Old 10-29-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

heh, but after saving the edit, it doesn't. odd indeed.

doing a quick reply doesn't actually reload the page. i assume it has tod o with that
Old 10-30-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Test tube.
Old 10-30-08, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Using Chrome here. After I replied, the dropdown no longer appeared.
Old 10-30-08, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake View Post
I always get the "forum makes you wait 20 seconds to do a search" even though I haven't made one. its been like that for weeks which sucks because I use to use the fuction to finds posts I remember reading but don't remember the particular thread.
Use Google. If you need to search for "oiled thighs" (for example), then type this into Google:

oiled thighs site:forum.dvdtalk.com

And forum results will come up.
Old 10-31-08, 07:24 PM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by 10-7 View Post
I tried clicking one of my own posts and a few others and I still get the dropdown box.

When I clicked on my own "View Public Profile", it took me to the username "110179". I've done this before and it worked fine.
Now THAT one is weird. We'll be looking into this problem (the issues in the whole thread, not just his profile) and hopefully have a solution.