DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Report to Moderator button not work? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/539373-report-moderator-button-not-work.html)

Cardsfan111 08-16-09 07:24 PM

Re: Report to Moderator button not work?

:lol:

I'd seen the thread in question, but still felt drawn to clicking on your link.

benedict 08-17-09 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 9647444)
Being a moderator at other message boards, the way other sites that use this style BB have it so where the mods of that particular forum get e-mailed when there's a reported post. The reported post is in then in the e-mail along with the person who reported it's complaint.

I don't know if that's how it works here but I know it's not some instant thing so it can take a little bit for follow up.

That is how it works here.

I can't speak for the others but, as per my sig, currently I tend to see things faster if they are notified to me by PM.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 08-17-09 09:04 AM

:lol: Groucho took it in stride.

Groucho 08-17-09 09:14 AM

I thought this thread was about BedsideMannerMe, but it seems it's nearly a year old!

VinVega 08-17-09 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by bwvanh114 (Post 9647706)
You've selected ... Agent Zero? If that's correct, press one.

Nice job on the Seinfeld references. :lol:

pilot 08-17-09 10:26 PM

I don't know about anybody else, but my settings and/or email were borked and I wasn't getting any emails regarding the forum. It seems to be fixed now, but I really have no idea how long it was broken.. In the future if anybody doesn't seem to get any response or see any action taken, they should PM the mods of the particular forum, or an admin.

Trevor 08-17-09 10:51 PM

My bump wasn't to get into specifics.

One, just pointing out that either the button doesn't work well or fraud is ok.

Two, and mainly this, I was curious as to the mechanism as to how the button worked, and am hopeful that forum users can get feedback when using it.

Pilot, Benedict, and others are great about sending PMs when they respond to requests. But the 4 or 5 times over the years that I've reported a post of someone advocating fraud (cheat a store by switching price stickers, stuff like that) I never hear anything back or see anything done. If I'm wrong and the posts are kosher, just tell me.

X 08-18-09 12:18 AM

Those types of posts are not ok.

wendersfan 08-18-09 05:12 PM

Not to get into specifics, but sometimes when a post is reported, especially if it's reported by a number of people, you won't see immediate action because the various mods will want to discuss the situation a bit before deciding on an action. In other words, it's not that we aren't paying attention to the RTPs, it's that we are sometimes paying more attention than is typical.

bwvanh114 08-18-09 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 9653511)
Not to get into specifics, but sometimes when a post is reported, especially if it's reported by a number of people, you won't see immediate action because the various mods will want to discuss the situation a bit before deciding on an action. In other words, it's not that we aren't paying attention to the RTPs, it's that we are sometimes paying more attention than is typical.

I need specifics, preferably in graph format showing the number of people reporting the post vs time spent discussing action to be taken.

NoirFan 09-21-09 05:15 PM

How do I know if/when a report has been read by a mod? I twice reported an offensive post, but no action has been taken as of yet.

pilot 09-21-09 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9722936)
How do I know if/when a report has been read by a mod? I twice reported an offensive post, but no action has been taken as of yet.

You don't know. Sometimes what some think should be deleted or needs action (I am *not* directing this comment towards you NoirFan, because I don't know what you've reported) doesn't mean that the mod or admin does. Some might view the post, think there's nothing wrong, then leave it at that. Some might reply back to who reported it their decision on to delete/etc.

If you think what you've reported has not been checked in a reasonable amount of time, you can PM the thread to an admin who can look into it.