Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Site Now Broken in Opera

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Site Now Broken in Opera

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-08, 12:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Site Now Broken in Opera

I've used Opera for years to browse DVDTalk, but since a week or so ago, the submenu chooser doesn't work in Opera. I can get the main page and link off to reviews and such from there, but if I use the drop-down to go to a submenu it goes out to lunch and never comes back.

If I use IE, it works, though I've noticed the site is slower lately. However, I'd like to know what changed to make Opera unuseable for this site so I can either fix it or adapt or whatever. It's not like Opera is some strange arcane software.
Old 08-25-08, 10:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry, mea culpa. It works now that I've upgraded from Opera 9.02 to Opera 9.52.
Old 08-25-08, 01:53 PM
Internet Brands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by meshershark
I've used Opera for years to browse DVDTalk, but since a week or so ago, the submenu chooser doesn't work in Opera. I can get the main page and link off to reviews and such from there, but if I use the drop-down to go to a submenu it goes out to lunch and never comes back.

If I use IE, it works, though I've noticed the site is slower lately. However, I'd like to know what changed to make Opera unuseable for this site so I can either fix it or adapt or whatever. It's not like Opera is some strange arcane software.
Your problem coincides with the forum software upgrade, which takes advantage of more-modern browser standards. These are generally backwards compatible by having different stylesheets for different browsers, but Opera is historically one that's hard to do that with. I'm glad that upgrading your browser fixed the problem, and I'm sorry for the confusion.