Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Thread got locked, don't know where to put it.

Old 05-26-08, 02:35 AM
Banned

Thread got locked, don't know where to put it.

I started this thread asking if/when DeepDiscount or DVDPlanet would have a June 20% off sale like they've been doing in June and November and someone responded "And it begins" and the thread is locked. Am I missing something here? Why did it get locked?
Old 05-26-08, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's against the rules to ask. (I think there used to be a sticky thread saying so.) They don't want 50 million people asking the same question, but I would expect the sale to start around the same time as last year.
Old 05-26-08, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Generally it's usually pointless to have threads to ask when the sale is. Nobody really knows until maybe a day or two before hand. There's no point in useless speculation. You didn't really do anything wrong, we just wait until there's confirmed dates/etc before having a thread.

There's absolutely no guarantee that DeepDiscount will even have a sale. There will eventually come a point where they won't have it. Plus it's more work on our part to have a thread with 's piling up early.

The best thing to do is check back daily, and when/if the sale starts, there will be a thread. Also in years past, it would be sent out in DVD Talk's newsletter, but sales would generally leak out early/start early before the announcement via newsletter will go out.
Old 05-26-08, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
It's against the rules to ask. (I think there used to be a sticky thread saying so.) They don't want 50 million people asking the same question, but I would expect the sale to start around the same time as last year.
It's not so much against the rules, as it is what I described above.
Old 05-26-08, 01:12 PM
Banned

I'm sorry I didn't know. I just heard about the sale the day it started last November. Some places have said it's the second Tuesday or so in June and November so I estimated June 12th but apparently last year's was June 1st. I didn't know that it wasn't announced until the day before. I was bringing it up so early because I will be at the beach for a week until June 12th so I wouldn't be able to keep up to date until the day the sale started (estimated).
Old 05-26-08, 02:47 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by u-stu
I'm sorry I didn't know.
Obviously you are still new. Next time start the thread with "Why did stupid mod lock my thread?"
Old 05-26-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would suggest that you start building your wish list now.
Old 05-26-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kuroiinu
Obviously you are still new. Next time start the thread with "Why did stupid mod lock my thread?"
Followed up with a "Stupid mods quit deleting my posts!!!!11!!" type thread. They love that.