Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Multi-quoting?

Old 01-31-08, 01:17 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,082
Multi-quoting?

I've been at other forums where they have a multi-quote feature. It's another button by each message - when you select it, it lights up (changes color) instead of taking you to a reply screen. When you finally hit "Post Reply", you'll have quotes for all the messages you selected. It makes responding to multiple posts a lot easier, and cuts down repeat posts in a thread by one person. Have any of you heard/seen something like this before? I quite like the feature, though I know the underlying program code makes some things hard to implement.

I tried searching to see if this has been asked, but very well could have missed it due to picking the wrong search words - so sorry if this has been covered.
brainee is offline  
Old 01-31-08, 06:54 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Chrisedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Part of the Left-Wing Conspiracy
Posts: 6,908
That is a feature of VB 3.5 and beyond...

DVDTalk = Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.13
Chrisedge is offline  
Old 02-01-08, 11:55 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
nested quotes would be nice.
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 02-01-08, 03:41 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
argh923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Muncie, IN [Member formerly known as abrg923]
Posts: 6,341
I'd settle for getting rid of the hang-ups the board seems to go through on a daily basis, personally.
argh923 is offline  
Old 02-01-08, 04:14 PM
  #5  
X
Administrator
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1987
Location: AA-
Posts: 10,738
Originally Posted by abrg923
I'd settle for getting rid of the hang-ups the board seems to go through on a daily basis, personally.
Originally Posted by pedagogue
nested quotes would be nice.
Originally Posted by Chrisedge
That is a feature of VB 3.5 and beyond...

DVDTalk = Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.13
Originally Posted by brainee
I've been at other forums where they have a multi-quote feature. It's another button by each message - when you select it, it lights up (changes color) instead of taking you to a reply screen. When you finally hit "Post Reply", you'll have quotes for all the messages you selected. It makes responding to multiple posts a lot easier, and cuts down repeat posts in a thread by one person. Have any of you heard/seen something like this before? I quite like the feature, though I know the underlying program code makes some things hard to implement.

I tried searching to see if this has been asked, but very well could have missed it due to picking the wrong search words - so sorry if this has been covered.
I'm personally not a big fan of them because they make posts hard to read and figure out who's responding to what.
X is offline  
Old 02-01-08, 05:03 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 5,949
X that was my first thought also when I saw this thread.
Spicollidriver1 is offline  
Old 02-01-08, 10:21 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
Originally Posted by X
I'm personally not a big fan of them because they make posts hard to read and figure out who's responding to what.
If kindergarteners can learn to color within the lines, we can learn to read within the lines.
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 02-02-08, 12:56 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Ruler
 
General Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 21,423
Originally Posted by pedagogue
nested quotes would be nice.


General Zod is offline  
Old 02-03-08, 01:20 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 15,605


One would think.
Bronkster is offline  
Old 02-06-08, 12:16 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
Originally Posted by Bronkster


One would think.
Bronkster, a non-conformist on DVDTalk since 2002.......
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 02-09-08, 03:43 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 5,200
Originally Posted by X
I'm personally not a big fan of them because they make posts hard to read and figure out who's responding to what.
I was thinking more along the lines of:

Quote

Reply

Quote

Reply

Quote

Reply

Etc.
zekeburger1979 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.