Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

TV Thread Opening Delays - Possible?

Old 10-02-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TV Thread Opening Delays - Possible?

Sometimes I check in over at televisionwithoutpity's boards. One thing I notice, which seems to help a lot is that they will not unload an episode thread until after the episode has aired.

Is it possible for us to start this? Not necessarily waiting until it has aired, but perhaps once it starts on the east coast.

I find too often there are 1-2 pages of random comments before you get to anything about what happened in the episode itself! I know other share these concerns since I have seen them voiced throughout several threads.
Old 10-02-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's already a "rule" that states that you can't start a thread until the morning the show airs. I'm not sure what you mean by "unload an episode thread".

See the South Park thread in DVDTalk.

I personally think it's BS though. People start threads in Movie Talk about movies a good year before the movie comes out and people don't bitch about that. What's the difference?
Old 10-02-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
There's already a "rule" that states that you can't start a thread until the morning the show airs. I'm not sure what you mean by "unload an episode thread".

See the South Park thread in DVDTalk.

I personally think it's BS though. People start threads in Movie Talk about movies a good year before the movie comes out and people don't bitch about that. What's the difference?
First, correction - I meant unlock, not unload.

Movies, I would say are different because the development takes so long and there is news/discussion surrounding that. Example for TV would be the "[Show Title] Season x News". I know Heroes and Smallville had those this year.

What I was getting at with unlock is that there tend to be literally 2 full pages of worthless posts on tv threads - "Oh I can't wait.", "Only 2 more hours.", etc.

However, this may mean that:

1) Mod would have to start new threads for individual episodes
2) Mods would have to continually monitor and lock threads as they open
Old 10-02-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

theres really no difference in the posts that come before or after the shows air. you either have to go through "I can't wait" posts or "that was awesome" posts.
Old 10-03-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, no matter when they were opened, in most high-traffic TV threads there are literally dozens of posts that are nothing more than "THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!!" or "OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT?!?" like this was a chatroom instead of a message board.