Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Column question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Column question

I looked through the columns and didn't notice anything that covers some of the HK movies as far as reviews and things go. did i miss something? I would personally love to read about region one "kung fu flicks" and other movies in that martial arts genre. When looking to pick something up it seems so hit or miss on quality and with the renaming of the movies when they bring them to the US I've sometimes ended up with 2 or 3 DVDs with different titles but were either the same film or were some weird hodgepodge of films. A weekly or monthly column that covers those would be wonderful.
Old 06-23-06, 09:40 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't have a column devoted to HK movies, but DVDTalk does review a good number of them individually. If there's a movie in particular you're wanting info on, you can always search the review database.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
Old 06-23-06, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've seen that and it is handy when looking for a particular film. I was just hoping i had missed a column somewhere. I enjoy reading the various columns and discovering films i might never had looked at otherwise based upon the reviews. Helps fill up a Netflix list really. No big deal though, i was just checking. Thanks.
Old 06-24-06, 01:37 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might try emailing the reviewer's that write up such titles and suggest a column to them. G! is very supportive of additional columns and content; making them happen when writers show an interest. Thanks for asking!
Old 06-24-06, 07:15 AM
Mod Emeritus

If the HK movie review column is something that comes into being, I guess we should link to it from International DVD Talk where the forum description outlines that people talk about <i>"Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More"</i>.