Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why can't we edit our own thread titles?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I think that it would be easier and take less burden off the mods if we can edit our own thread titles. It would help in the bargain forum when you post ads you can edit your title when more ads come in and label a deal dead when the deal expires. I also think that it would also be beneficial in the trading forum for example when you post DVDs that you have in your thread title and you sell them you could go back and add the dvds that you currently have available to the title instead of deleting your thread and starting a new one. The CAG forum lets you edit your thread titles and I think it would be beneficial to dvdtalk if we were allowed the option so we don't have to e-mail the mods or report a post just to change the title. How does everyone else feel about this?
Old 08-26-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I also wish we could do this although I'm sure there would be problems.

I post a lot in the music forum about new albums being released and with release dates changing all the time it would be cool to be able to update the thread title.
Old 10-08-05, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread was started over a month ago but I definitely agree with you. I had wanted to edit my post in the dvd exchange forum but found out that I could not do it. It's not a huge deal but it would be nice.
Old 10-08-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
As far as I know, you can but there is a time limit. Something like the first five minutes you can but after than it's only mods.
Old 10-08-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shaun3000
As far as I know, you can but there is a time limit. Something like the first five minutes you can but after than it's only mods.
I belive it is the same time limit which will allow you to edit your post before the: last edited by.....at....... will appear. 90 seconds? 2 minutes?

Definitely not five minutes. This is pretty cool because it allows you to catch spelling and grammar mistakes.