Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Where oh where has my quote button gone? Why can't I quote or edit posts?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Where oh where has my quote button gone? Why can't I quote or edit posts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where oh where has my quote button gone?

Where oh where could it be?

I asked this question in a couple of the other dvdtalk forums, and I was told that it was because of my pop up blocking software. No one actually told me how to fix it, and because it was an off topic question, I did not keep pushing the issue. However I figured maybe I could get the answer here.

The only Pop up blocker I have is the google bar, and I have it set to allow everything on dvdtalk.com. Is there any setting I need to change in there, or in my pc itself is there some security setting I need to change.

Ever since you guys changed the look of this forum, I have not been able to quote anyone (no, I do not see a quote button on the bottom of every post), nor can I edit myself....DOH!

Any help would appriciated! Thanks guys!
Old 04-05-05, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

El Sticky

I had a problem once I added the "filterset.g" withing Adblock of Firefox. At least they re-appeared after I remove the filterset filters.
Old 04-05-05, 09:07 PM

Thank you 68 Shelby for that other thread link, but its still not working. I am not sure if I did what I was supposed to, I did not totally understand what to do from the other thread. I am running IE6, service pack 2, and a google bar (that blocks pop ups)

Not to sound like an idiot, but could someone tell me EXACTLY what a need to do, and where I need to do it in order for me to be able to view and use the QUOTE button on the forums? Is is something with the windows xp firewall? IE options? Google bar? The EZ Firewall? Thank you!
Old 04-05-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm using NIS 2005 and I can't get the edit or quote images to display. I've added ads.kleinman.com to the permit lists in privacy control. They still don't show using Firefox or IE. ???
Old 04-07-05, 11:23 AM

I could use this help as well... I sent an email to a mod last week that remains unanswered...

I am using Firefox 1.0.2 and have "allowed" both ads.kleinman.com and kleinman.com to the list "Allowed Sites" list.

I am also running ZoneAlarm and have added both addresses to it's "Allowed Sites" list as well.

I have added both addresses to the "Trusted Sites" within XP's Internet Properties - Security Tab.

The part that is REALLY odd is, I don't get any buttons to show up... then, I simply go to the "Feedback Forum Frequently Asked Questions", and magically, the quote button is there... I didn't change a thing, it just works in THAT forum. Then, when I go to another forum, I will get the "New Thread" and "Quote" buttons to appear, BUT ONLY ONCE... if I change threads, they will go away again...

I have read every FAQ I could find on this topic to no avail... PLEASE help! I am frustrated and annoyed!
Old 04-08-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

buttons & ads are on ads.kleinman.com. you need to unblock this.
Old 04-08-05, 08:07 PM

WOOHOO!!! I finally figured it out. I went through my firewall (EZ TRUST) with a fine tooth comb and realized that just adding kleinman.com and ads.kleinman.com was not enough. (well obviously, or else I wouldnt have had these problems for so long) I went into the individual settings for each new rule a created and for each site I put in the trusted zone section and I found another section called AD BLOCKING. In there was a section called ADS TO BLOCK, there were 3 columns that were checkmarked:

Banner/Skyscraper ads

Pop up/Pop under

Animation

I simply unchecked all of these and I now have more buttons than I can shake a stick at.

Thanks alot for everything guys, you have NO idea how frustrating this has been since dvdtalk changed thier forums.

Also: I solved another problem as well. Again, since the dvdtalk forum change over, I also noticed that none of the smilies moved anymore. I just noticed in the PRIVACY section of my firewall there was a program called a193-45-1-118deploy.akamaitechnologies.com. I had no clue what it was, but just for the heck of it, I did the same thing that I did above with that section that contains the 3 checkmarked items and unchecked them for this rule as well, and now all my smilies move (well, at least the ones that are supposed to move)

Dont know if that will help anyone, but I just thought I would throw it out there.

Last edited by mrmagoo; 04-08-05 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-08-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, Magoo. You've done it again.
Old 04-11-05, 10:02 PM

By golly Mr.Magoo, you've done it!... I have all my buttons back, and the animated gifs to boot...

Koodos to you!
Old 04-14-05, 06:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
well I don't know why certain postings have a quote button and the majority of the other's don't, I don't even get an edit button to appear on my postings - I access DVDtalk through Mozilla Firefox via AOL and with settings through Internet Explorer - what am I doing wrong?
Old 01-26-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Anyone know how to get the buttons to appear on NIT2005? I added that ads.kleinman.com to the permit list, but it still doesn't work...
Old 01-26-06, 03:27 PM
Retired

There's something goofy with teh image server now I think, I'm not getting all the buttons, and the threads never load all the way as the ads and some buttons and stuff never come up.
Old 01-26-06, 03:57 PM
Retired

Back to normal now.
Old 02-17-06, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, now I'm the 'tard.

I've tried following the directions in the "sticky" thread to configure my Norton Security to allow these missing buttons to show up. But the directions don't make much sense. I have no "Web Content" tab in my Norton Security program.

How else can you configure Norton to allow these buttons to show up?
Old 02-17-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also have NIT2005, if anyone's wondering.
Old 02-17-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Or NIS2005 - whatever the acronym is.

If I had had an "edit" button, this, of course, could have been easily rectified, couldn't it?
Old 02-28-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seriously, can someone answer this question?

The site is virtually unusable from my home computer. Now I can't even get hotlinked URLs to show up. Were those moved to this special server where one can only get the "quote" button as well?

Please someone fix this. Or tell me how to overcome whatever blocking I have to be able to fully use the site.

Please.
Old 02-28-06, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
El Sticky

I had a problem once I added the "filterset.g" withing Adblock of Firefox. At least they re-appeared after I remove the filterset filters.
Anyone figure out how to modify the filterset.g to not block this site but still block others? I've whitelisted the site, which might be the best option, but figured there might be a better way to do it by modifying the regular expression that blocks this site. Here is the troublemaker, that if removed from the filterset, will allow the buttons on this site to work:

/^a-z\d=+%@](?!\d{5,})(\w*\d+x\d)?\d*(show)?(\w{3,}%20|alligator|avs|barter|blog|box|central|context|crystal|d?h tml|exchange|external|forum|front|fuse|gen|get|house|hover|http|i?frame|inline|instant|live|main|msp ace|net|partner|php|primary|provider|redir\W.*\W|rotated?|secure|side|smart|sponsor|story|text|view| web)?_?ads?(v?(bot|brite|broker|bureau|butler|cent(er|ric)|click|client|content|coun(cil|t(er)?)|cre ative|cycle|data(id)?|engage|entry|er(tis\w+|t(pro)?|ve?r?)|farm|force|form|frame(generator)?|gen|gi f|groupid|head|ima?ge?|index|info|js|juggler|layer|legend|link|log|man(ager)?|max|mentor(serve)?|met a\.com|net|optimi[sz]er|parser|peeps|pic|po(ol|pup|sition)|proof|q\.nextag|re(dire?c?t?|mote|volver)|rom\.net|rotator|sal e|script|sdk|sfac|size|so(lution|nar|urce)|space|srv|stat.*\.asp|sys|(tag)?track|trix|type|view|vt|x \.nu|zone))?s?\d*(status)?\d*(?!\.org)[\W_](?!\w+\.(ac\.|edu)|astra|aware|adurl=|block|login|nl/|sears/|.*(&sbc|\.(wmv|rm)))/
Old 03-07-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still not working. I cannot quote any posts from my home computer. Will someone please answer this question?
Old 03-07-06, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by grunter
Still not working. I cannot quote any posts from my home computer. Will someone please answer this question?
When you quit/disable Norton, does everything work?

If yes, then just go through every option in Norton and you'll find it eventually. Or get a better program.
Old 03-18-06, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
Anyone figure out how to modify the filterset.g to not block this site but still block others? I've whitelisted the site, which might be the best option, but figured there might be a better way to do it by modifying the regular expression that blocks this site. Here is the troublemaker, that if removed from the filterset, will allow the buttons on this site to work:

/^a-z\d=+%@](?!\d{5,})(\w*\d+x\d)?\d*(show)?(\w{3,}%20|alligator|avs|barter|blog|box|central|context|crystal|d?h tml|exchange|external|forum|front|fuse|gen|get|house|hover|http|i?frame|inline|instant|live|main|msp ace|net|partner|php|primary|provider|redir\W.*\W|rotated?|secure|side|smart|sponsor|story|text|view| web)?_?ads?(v?(bot|brite|broker|bureau|butler|cent(er|ric)|click|client|content|coun(cil|t(er)?)|cre ative|cycle|data(id)?|engage|entry|er(tis\w+|t(pro)?|ve?r?)|farm|force|form|frame(generator)?|gen|gi f|groupid|head|ima?ge?|index|info|js|juggler|layer|legend|link|log|man(ager)?|max|mentor(serve)?|met a\.com|net|optimi[sz]er|parser|peeps|pic|po(ol|pup|sition)|proof|q\.nextag|re(dire?c?t?|mote|volver)|rom\.net|rotator|sal e|script|sdk|sfac|size|so(lution|nar|urce)|space|srv|stat.*\.asp|sys|(tag)?track|trix|type|view|vt|x \.nu|zone))?s?\d*(status)?\d*(?!\.org)[\W_](?!\w+\.(ac\.|edu)|astra|aware|adurl=|block|login|nl/|sears/|.*(&sbc|\.(wmv|rm)))/
For some reason, some time after deleting this filterset it will re-appear again. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?
Old 03-19-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just get Adblock Plus, then you can whitelist DVD talk by adding the filter @@http://ads.kleinman.com .
Old 09-06-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why can't I quote another's post or edit posts?

Perhaps a repeat question, but whenever I want to quote another dvdtalker's post, there is no button to include it in my post. Also, how do I edit my posts, whether the first post in a thread or not? Am I missing something? I use to be able to do it (I'm on Windows XP). Thanks for your time.
Old 09-06-06, 09:14 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Do you have any sort of adblocker software? Those will block the buttons on this site as well.
Old 09-06-06, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have Norton Internet Security. Do I need to customize it for the ads.kleinman.com?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.