Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Request: Book reviews for film-related titles

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thought came to mind while reading Glenn Erickson's DVD review for "Sword of Doom" (so if this post results in more work for you DVD Talk staffers, it's not only my fault but Glenn's too).

In the review, Glenn mentions a couple of authors in regards to the samurai film genre. Would Glenn, Stuart Galbraith IV, or any of the other reviewers be open to doing "as needed" book reviews for various film-related books. There seems to be a great many titles dedicated to cinema and I would like to know which would be recommended reading.

Speaking for myself - as a fan of samurai films - I'd be interested in reading a review of the forthcoming revised edition of Alain Silver's "Samurai Film".

Likewise, maybe DVD Talk staff reviewers with interests in particular genres could contribute reviews of books in that genre (John Wallis for Asian cinema?; John Sinnott for anime?; someone for film-noir, Westerns, silents, etc.). The reviews need not be for new titles only, maybe too for recommended titles they already have sitting on their personal bookshelves (from film-school, college classes, etc.).

If it proves of interest, down the road maybe you can even do "author interviews" to feature on the homepage (and so we can increase traffic in the "Book Forum" with threads like "Author John Doe and the hypocrisy").

Geoff, DVD Talk staff, DVD Talk members: any interest?

Last edited by flixtime; 03-29-05 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-29-05, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. The idea actually has been discussed and there is interest on our end in doing something like this. So stay tuned
Old 07-04-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was fast!