Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

"search this forum" broken in booktalk?

Old 10-04-04, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
"search this forum" broken in booktalk?

I tried searching for the word "what" without quotes and it said "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." even though on the forum page I could see at least 2 threads starting with that word
Old 10-04-04, 12:53 PM

Why would you need to search? Every thread in the history of that forum is on page 1, and each only has a handful of posts.
Old 10-04-04, 01:14 PM
X
Administrator

Common words are generally not searchable. They are ignored by the search engine.
Old 10-05-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: "search this forum" broken in booktalk?

Originally posted by mikehunt
I tried searching for the word "what" without quotes and it said "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." even though on the forum page I could see at least 2 threads starting with that word
It was trying to tell you that every thread in the damn forum probably has the word "what" in it. So it wasn't going to show you every thread.
Old 10-05-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I was just searching titles, to make sure the october what are you reading thread hadn't been started and I wasn't overlooking it
Old 10-05-04, 04:28 PM
X
Administrator

"Reading" might have been a better word to search for in the titles.
Old 10-06-04, 06:01 PM
Mod Emeritus

First, thanks to mikehunt for starting the thread this month.... I usually manage to do it myself but it is always up for grabs.

Second, thanks for trying to check that there wasn't already a thread in place that you'd missed! So, you were searching for <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/6174/WHOS-ON-FIRST.HTM" target="_blank">what</a>....?

Third, I have it on good authority that <A HREF="http://www.groucho-marx.com/bio.html" target="_blank" style="text-decoration:none">Groucho</a> can't even read!