Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Audio Interviews - Your Feedback

Old 02-04-04, 11:06 PM
Registered

Audio Interviews - Your Feedback

This week we launched our first audio interview with the Senior Vice Presiden of the Blu-Ray Disc Group:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/video/bluray.asx

I'm very interested all your feedback. Do you enjoy Audio interviews more than written ones?

Let us know what you think?
Old 02-05-04, 12:16 AM

That was great, I really enjoyed hearing what he had to say (and probably would have just skimmed an article) You had some great questions, keep em coming!
Old 02-05-04, 02:31 PM
Retired

I prefer written ones, as I browse the forum from work. Audio is nice, but it would be best to offer text in addition to audio IMO.
Old 02-05-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would prefer audio mixed with a video done by the new Quizno's mascots.
Old 02-05-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally, with any interview, why not involve your members? Give us a heads up ahead of time and maybe you can accept some questions and pick and choose which ones you would like to ask from the members. Not all questions have to be from us mind you, but it would be nice.
Old 02-06-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I prefer written ones, as I browse the forum from work. Audio is nice, but it would be best to offer text in addition to audio IMO.
Ditto.

Additionally, I can read faster than I can listen. I don't like being locked into listening to a 20 minute interview if I could read it in 5 minutes. Or skim through the parts that might not interest me.

When I saw the story on the front page for the interview, I was hoping there would be a transcript link. It looks like an interesting interview, but I haven't listened to it yet, and I'm not sure yet whether I will or not.
Old 02-06-04, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Todd B.
Ditto.

Additionally, I can read faster than I can listen. I don't like being locked into listening to a 20 minute interview if I could read it in 5 minutes. Or skim through the parts that might not interest me.

When I saw the story on the front page for the interview, I was hoping there would be a transcript link. It looks like an interesting interview, but I haven't listened to it yet, and I'm not sure yet whether I will or not.
ditto x2. I clicked the link with interest but so it was audio only and then came here hoping someone summarized it.

I subscribed to this topic so if a text version is made or someone summarizes it I will check it out.
Old 02-06-04, 01:52 PM
Uber Member

I do think video/audio interviews are a good option, but agree with Todd B about why written interviews are better.
Old 02-06-04, 01:56 PM

I'm not interesting in watching or listening to multimedia interviews, but I would read a transcript if it was available.
Old 02-07-04, 03:13 PM
Registered

Thanks for all your feedback. Definately will take it in consideration when going forward with interviews.
Old 02-09-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually quite enjoyed it. Of course, I have the luxury of broadband at home. I just listened to it while doing other things. Less work! I do agree, though, having a transcript would be great.

I posted some content-related thoughts in the main forum.