Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

jblackland, we miss you - please come home

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

jblackland, we miss you - please come home

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks Like RandyC is doing the ol' "I know what really happened but I won't tell you, but you should still believe me" bit! Your not exactly a unbias poster here.

Why don't you quit all the damn BS and fill us all in on what's going on if you want the record straight! The more you claim to know but refuse to tell, the more none of us believe a word your saying!
Old 12-05-03, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn.. I answered the claims. Why do you feel compelled to know the minutia behind everything? Did I claim to be unbiased? I only see assumptions and think they need to be called for what they are. Frankly it was wierd how some people leaped on something that someone posted, that they even admitted they were just guessing.

I was not trying to leave anyone hanging, but it is normally not policy to discuss some of these issues and I really thought I had answered the questions.

There were two issues here. The thing about the Black Friday ads was going on. Static and GP were handling that, based on direction from Geoff. There was some direction being given by certain stores and Geoff had to dance a line between not getting sued and allowing people to get the information that they enjoyed. A tough call at times.

As I understand it, Geoff stepped in to help out because he was very personally interested in the situation. In the mod forum, the situation was discussed, Static seemed to me to be very concerned about why jblackland was suspended. Geoff said he thinks he did it, but it may have been an accident. Geoff unsuspended him.

I could very well be wrong. However, my job is not to make sure everyone is made aware of the goings on. I just tried to answer the claims. That is how I understood things to have happened.

There is a second issue that we think that two usernames were being used by one person. I neglected to follow through with that, but it raises some serious questions in our minds. It's not a simple case of a person just creating another account because they forgot. We take these cases seriously. This second issue has now been handled by the admins.

What is amazing to me, is that we as mods have to be civil and nice, but you can come into a thread and tell me that what I have posted is a bit and a bunch of bs. Okay...
Old 12-05-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by RandyC

Before you leap to conclusions, realize that there may be more to the story. There is a serious question about the breaking of forum rules, nothing to do with the DVD Bargain threads.

Third, if the guy decides to stay away, we will all manage. None of us are that important. Do you really know all the reasons behind why he has not posted? [/B]

I would guess that some stores did not like this early info and our former FUTURE MOD! was told to stop doing what he did best.

Maybe if that's true and was taken away he had no more to contribute.
Old 12-05-03, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Frank S
Looks Like RandyC is doing the ol' "I know what really happened but I won't tell you, but you should still believe me" bit! Your not exactly a unbias poster here.

Why don't you quit all the damn BS and fill us all in on what's going on if you want the record straight! The more you claim to know but refuse to tell, the more none of us believe a word your saying!
Think about this for a second. Just a little.

We as mods are told to not publicly discuss reasons behind bans or suspensions. Then there are threads where people make accusations and assumptions. So as a mod, you try to step in a deal with those assumptions without talking too much about all the things. And then you get accused of being unbiased, doing a "bit" and typing damn BS.

Makes it a little difficult.
Old 12-05-03, 12:29 AM
Banned

OK, I must say one thing here.
Old 12-05-03, 12:35 AM

I would imagine that if/when the forum goes to a paid membership, demanding an explanation from a mod or admin will still only result in that the explanation might be given as a courtesy.
Old 12-05-03, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by scroll2b
dude, what happened to danol!?

He lives on.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/membe...userid=7419711
Old 12-05-03, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Since this thread has now turned into a discussion about a banned member, I am closing it. If you have an issue about this, discuss it directly with a mod or admin.
Old 12-05-03, 05:08 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't realize that I was being mentioned in this thread until it was already closed. Here's my side: I completely explained what happened with his earlier, Black-Friday-related suspension in this thread, so hopefully this will satisfy those people who are crying out for me to take personal responsibility for my actions.

I liked jblackland's posts, too, but being productive or funny or a long-time member or whatever does not make you exempt from the forum rules. And it's not like his ads made the DVDs any cheaper than they were going to be. I'm sure that someone else will pick up the slack for everyone who gets a special tingly feeling in their belly when they get to read the ads early.