Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Missing "box" around links

Old 09-27-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Missing "box" around links

This probably isn't a DVD Talk specific item, but it's where I notice it the most. I previously had Windows 98SE and IE 6. When I would click on a forum link from a main page (say DVD Bargains), and then return to that page, there would be a "box" around the link that I had just clicked. This was useful for keeping track of where I was on the list of threads.

I just upgraded to Windows XP (still with IE6), but now I don't see the "box" around the links, making it difficult to find where I left off. Are there any special settings in XP or IE 6 that I can set to turn this back on?

Thanks!
Old 09-27-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it sounds like you're talking about a "visited link".

if you go under Tools->Internet Options. Click on colors on the bottom, you should be able to set visited links to a different color, although i think by default it already is
Old 09-27-03, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Venusian
it sounds like you're talking about a "visited link".

if you go under Tools->Internet Options. Click on colors on the bottom, you should be able to set visited links to a different color, although i think by default it already is
Yes, I had "visited link" set to a different color. However, sometimes when you bounce back and forth between the main page and a thread, it doesn't always change the color right away. The "box" was always around the last link that you clicked, even if the "visited link" color hadn't shown up yet. Has anyone seen this "box" around links that I'm referring to?
Old 09-27-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i dont know what box you're talking about. I vaguely remember a box when using the early version of Netscape but that was so long ago i might jsut be imagining it