Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

I have a login problem

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

I have a login problem

Old 06-16-03, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a login problem

For a certain reason, mine is not cookied. But seems I always have problem in login ever since.

I login, then after browsing through some pages, suddenly I'm "unregistered" and have to relogin. What is more annoying, is that usually I just realize this after I write something to post. Have to relogin, then click "submit reply". I thought it would be automatically log me in and submitted my reply. But instead, a message appears telling me that I haven't login in. Then I have to re-relogin. Again a message appears to make a forum jump. I have to re-search for the particular thread, and rewrite my post.

Why is that so?

Thanks.
Old 06-17-03, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Have you read the cookie problem part of the FAQ yet? If not it may be of some help.
Old 06-17-03, 12:25 AM

Aaaahh .. that. Thanks, Copenhagen.

So I have to change my options of cookie in user CP, everytime I want to browse the forum in order to remain logged-on? No other way?

And again, why is that thing .. at the bottom of thread that ask me to enter "Your User Name", "Your Password", "Subject: (Optional)" and to click Submit Reply .. is not working? ..

Jeez .. I'm having the problem now ..

Joel
Password
Submit reply
Password
Login!
Forum Feedback and Support
Go
I have a login problem
Rewrite this post
Submit reply

.. there it goes ..
Old 06-17-03, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you friends with danol?
Old 06-17-03, 01:23 AM

Bushdog,
Huh? What makes you think so?
Old 06-17-03, 04:29 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Joel
And again, why is that thing .. at the bottom of thread that ask me to enter "Your User Name", "Your Password", "Subject: (Optional)" and to click Submit Reply .. is not working? ..
If you aren't logged in, and you use the Quick Reply box, and it asks for your username and password, then I think your problem is that that part of the forum is broke.

There've been a few threads about this, but I don't think it's ever been resolved.

You could try a couple things, one would be turning on your cookies and logging in when you browse DVDTalk. The other would be to try logging in when you first bring up the forum (as opposed to waiting until prompted when you use the Quick Reply option) and see if that works. (Not sure if it will if you aren't cookied.)

Finally, you could try using the Reply button or the Reply with Quotes button (this last is found in the string of icons above every post in a thread). If you aren't logged in, it should still ask you to log in, but that log in part of the forum might work.

I hope one of those works for you.
Old 06-17-03, 10:55 PM

Maybe it's my mistake. Sometimes I open lots of pages of DVDTalk, I forget which one I'm logged-in

So, Blade, let me check with you on your tips one by one .. to make sure I get it right.

one would be turning on your cookies and logging in when you browse DVDTalk.
So once I open dvdtalk.com/forum, click User CP button first, it will asks me to login .. then I can change the option. Am I right? After I'm done browsing DVDTalk, I have to remember to clear the cookies by clicking on "log out" (and this logging out thing, I'm afraid I will forget to do it someday ).

The other would be to try logging in when you first bring up the forum (as opposed to waiting until prompted when you use the Quick Reply option) and see if that works. (Not sure if it will if you aren't cookied.)
Er .. this one I'm not sure I get it. First bring up the forum, you mean?

you could try using the Reply button or the Reply with Quotes button (this last is found in the string of icons above every post in a thread). If you aren't logged in, it should still ask you to log in, but that log in part of the forum might work.
Okay. Let me try writing this post without login in first.

dvdtalk.com/forum